2009 Quilt block of the month - February

lau.gif
reading a book with my son.
lau.gif
(african tales)

Last edited:
Since my oldest is learning to read, I'm getting lazy in the reading area, no honey, you read it, and when you get to a word you dont know, just sound it out. Then the youngest gets bored and tells me, momma, you finish it, she's a slooooooow reader.

lau.gif
Skand, I've been trying to teach my little one to read, I got through CAT, HAT and all that and didn't go further. My son on the other hand is SO bored with his books, he just finished the final Harry Potter book he got for Christmas, so now he's bored with nothing to read.
He pulled out a great book I brought back from South Africa on my last trip - its all tribal stories, folklore type things, and then it gives detail on the animal in the story like where its found, and all that kinda stuff.
Its called "When Lion Could Fly and other tales from Africa" told by Nick Greaves...

Really funny stories like "WHy Guinea fowl calls at dawn" (mine call all dang day!)
lau.gif

There are 30 stories in the book...

Oh, My oldest daughter is such a reader. We got her almost 28 books for Christmas and she is almost done with reading..........all of them.

Anywho, back to the swap. I am so ready for this. I am going to work on a block tomorrow.
smile.png
i told you I was so ready for this.

The thing I like the most is that it will not bog us down with having to get them done by a certain time.

Also, it is cost effective. All I will have to ship is one block in an envelope (Manilla one) instead of 25 blocks in a box. :cool

I know that we are going to have a great time with this.

Did I already say that I am so ready for this? Guess I have
gig.gif

If all else fails and your feeling really good Acre, you can make mine for me! hehe
I have to practice tomarrow.
Does anyone have one of those singer brand pixie craft machine thingys? lol
Didnt think so.. lol ugh, just because it was 50 bucks, I grabbed it thinking oh, I'll just learn to sew.. pfft lol

I ordered a fat quarter pack SO long ago (Moda wildflowers I think it was) - I keep checking the tracking, its ALMOST here...
lau.gif
Should be here tomorrow I am hoping!

Skand, sorry hon, my machine is a fancy schmancy one - I took command of our tax rebate thingie 3 years ago and LET RIP at the store - bought this fancy one and a fancy serger/overlocker/cover stitch thingie... so dang fancy it could make the blocks itself.
lau.gif
I struggled for YEARS with a brother I bought at Walmart, it just would never cooperate with me.

Last edited:
when do we find out whose block we're making again? and how do we find out what they want with regards to colors and such?

you probably already said this, but my brain is currently turning to mush.

and I think we used to have one of the itty bitty singer machines. it was so-so. worked for repairing ripped seams and such, but wasn't inspiring enough to get anyone to actually make anything, not that any of us are that great at sewing in the first place.

Quote:
I'll close the Feb portion on the 30th and let everyone know who's sending to them and who they're sending to - then everyone has the whole month of Feb pretty much to get their square out in the mail and sign up for March.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Oh that could be taken oh so wrongly!
lau.gif

Skand, sorry hon, my machine is a fancy schmancy one - I took command of our tax rebate thingie 3 years ago and LET RIP at the store - bought this fancy one and a fancy serger/overlocker/cover stitch thingie... so dang fancy it could make the blocks itself.
lau.gif
I struggled for YEARS with a brother I bought at Walmart, it just would never cooperate with me.

Well, I have to PROVE that I'm capable of not sewing the wrong things togather before I can go shmantzy! lol Not sure who I have to prove to, but I know that I have to do it first.
lau.gif

Quote:
Oh that could be taken oh so wrongly!
lau.gif

lau.gif

Well, I have to PROVE that I'm capable of not sewing the wrong things togather before I can go shmantzy! lol Not sure who I have to prove to, but I know that I have to do it first.
lau.gif

lau.gif
I did receive a few funny pm's let me tell you!
lau.gif

Yeah, I think a person learns better on a machine thats older and a little more tricky/difficult to work. You just learn more by having to do so many different things to get the dern thing to work
lau.gif
(My old machine was HORRIBLE)

Back
Top Bottom