*2009 Quilt Block of the Month* March

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
Coordinators: Acre of Blessings and Wildsky

Here is how it will work:
*Each person will make up one quilt block per month, to send to one other person in the group. Each person will receive one quilt block per month.

*Each person can chose color (or two) of blocks they would like to receive. All Blocks will be 12.5 unless otherwise requested and noted.

*Fabrics must be 100% cotton and pre-washed to avoid shrinkage.

*Members under 18 years of age must have a parents permission (emailed or here on the thread) as we need an address.

*Folks can sign up for one month and not the next, for however long we continue. No need to promise to be here sewing for a year. One month at a time!

ADDED:
* Completed blocks must be mailed out by the 25th of each month.
* If you're feeling brave, you can sign up TWICE. So you will make two for two different people, and you will receive two from two different people.

I will update this first post each month, so you will know who you’re sending to and what color and size block they prefer.
All your color and size requirements must be decided by the first Monday of the month – if you need to make changes after that point you will need to contact the person who is sending to you, to make sure they haven’t already purchased the fabric or started on your block.

Feel free to chat and/or swap fabric pieces as needed on this thread. Blocks and fabric pieces can easily be popped into an envelope making postage not too big of an issue. Please contact me or Acre to make any changes in color, size or if you want to drop out or join up.
You can drop out and join at any point along the way.
I will try to make an extra block or two in case we have some failures, anyone else who would like to do the same please do, and let me know. Thank you!!

DISCLAIMER:
BYC, and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap and that people should only swap if they are comfortable knowing they might not get a block in return. (Mail or failure on the part of one person to send one) we will do our best to make sure that doesn’t happen, and will try keep a few blocks on hand to make amends. Please PM Acre or myself if there are any failures.

O.K. for all you that are stitchin
wink.png
to get the new list, here it is.
I will add your name again to the list as it grows. It's to tricky to try and add you names 2 & 3 times and not get you sending to yourself, so bear with me and let me know as we grow, that you want your name added again.

ALSO: if you don't want to be part of the swap for March, PM me so I can remove your name. Thanks
smile.png

Acre of Blessings - anything goes
Portagegirl - greens, yellow, creams, lavenders - no loud colors
arabookworm - baby pastels
FrChuckW - blue, earth tones, pastels
skand - anything goes (name tag on block)
chicken women - farm or poultry theme
Puff of Fluff - anything goes
AK Button Mama - no loud, bright or obnoxious colors
Seminolewind - earthy muted tones, chicken and farm theme
Sara - browns, blues, greens, maroons, chicken themes
Gumpsgirl - chicken themes, reds, yellows, browns
Scrambled Egg - anything goes
Horsejody - pretty pinks, blues, chicken themes
ChevygirlBeth - earthy tones, no bright whites or pinks
piecemaker - farm theme, no dark colors or brights/neon's
Texasbartrambaby - yellows, blues, whites
Marlinchaser - bright and obnoxious
Momofdrew - anything goes
Puff of Fluff (2)
Zookeeper9000 - anything goes
thowe - any color/burgundy, chicken theme
Lunachick - black background, floral, antique
skand (2)
Chevygirlbeth (2)
kycklingar - earthy tones and brights/no pinks
Marlinchaser (2)
sara (2)
lisavarney - rose, greens, tans, browns
Horsejody (2)
leepsy - anything goes
Gumpsgirl (2)
Zookeeper9000 (2)
Scrambled Egg (2)
Acre of Blessings (2)
FrChuckW (2)
Puff of Fluff (3)
Marlinchaser (3)
Texasbartrambaby (2)
kycklingar (2)
gumpsgirl (3)
Leepsy (2)
Zookeeper9000 (3)
Chevygirlbeth (2)
sara (3)
#1 California Chick - anything goes, chicken themes
Scrambled Egg (3)
Marlinchaser (4)
skand (3)
amyquilt - chicken theme
FrChuckW (3)
Felicity - blues, greens, yellows, horse theme
leepsy (3)
kycklingar (3)
pbjmaker - teals & browns
chicken women (2)
Felicity (2)
Marlinchaser (5)
chicken women (3)
lisavarney (2)
#1 California Chick (2)
amyquilt (2)

If your name is on the list above and you would like for it to be removed, please PM me (Acre of Blessings) or Wildsky and we will do our best to get your name removed.

We, Wildsky and Acre of Blessing, understand that life can get busy and things happen, but if you cannot commit to sending out your block that you signed up for, please don't sign up. Not trying to be to harsh, but we need to keep our word with others.

Sign-up for March will close on March 10th. This will then give each of you 15 days to get the blocks done and mailed out to the recipient or recipients if you signed up more than one time.

Again, your blocks need to be mailed out by March 25th

Please, let's continue to have fun in here and to encourage one another.

Thank you all for your participation
smile.png
Happy quilt blocking
smile.png

Last edited:
Good Morning All! Acres, please sign me up for 3 this month.

Is it just me? Since signing up for this block swap and the spring swap I am not spending nearly as much time on the BYC boards. This just ain't right! Gotta learn to multi-task....one foot on the sewing machine pedal and fingers on the keyboard!

I am hatching little EE (B/W splash) mutt chicks out this morning. My first babies out of my own barnyard. We had a wandering roo with us for a few short weeks and the kids and I decided to take some eggs out of the nesting boxes and see if he had made friends with some of the ladies.....he HAD!

We also recently brought home our newest family member, Trinity, a 3 y. o. chihuahua/beagle mix rescue dog. She just had a front leg amputated due to a fracture that was never cared for and grew back all wrong. She was found foraging at the dump.

She is the neatest dog! She is 8 lbs of I'm-so-happy-to-have a family canine bliss.

Yesterday we discovered a whole new side to her, she was running all around the yard playing soccer with my 11 y.o. son, she was a little dynamo! I never saw such three legged grace and agility.

When we brought her home, my three year old daughter looked at her solemnly and announced that "some bad guy had snatched one of her puppy's legs!" LOL

Here is a picture of her with Peanut another newaddition to the family.
7036_mouflon_babies_026.jpg

I am looking forward to this months swap!

Deb

Skand--Chevy--Patches>>>>> I added you each once more for now. As other want to sign up again or if newcomers sign up, just let me know to sign you up again, if you want to, as we grow.
smile.png

ETA::: Patches....the new additions are the cutest
love.gif

Last edited:
YAY... I get a block from Skand!
wee.gif
Lol. And Jody, too.
smile.png
I have several at home from Jody already (Quilted Rooster Swap), so I know I'll love anything she makes, too! I can't wait to get started on my blocks for this swap!

Patches, the dogs are adorable! That is such a sweet picture!!

Quote:
hehehe are you sure that's a good thing?
tongue2.gif

What are you preferences again? Just so when I grab neon pink and orange first, I'll know to look a little longer.. lol

kycklingar! :

I'm not on the list!
sad.png

Can you add me, please???? I really want to participate. 3 blocks, earth tones.
I've been looking forward to this since mid-Feb!

Your in!!! Let me know as others sign up if you want ot be added again.
smile.png

And
welcome-byc.gif
2009 quilt block swap​

Last edited:
I sent you a PM, I want in for a total of 5 this month. after reading above post, am I spose to wait for others to sign up then ask to be added again till I get to 5, You know me I confuse Easily.

Back
Top Bottom