**2009 Quilt Block Swap for May**

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
*Coordinator: Acre of Blessings

Please pay close attention to the statements in BOLD colored lettering.

Here is how it will work:
*Each person will make up one quilt block per month, to send to one other person in the group. Each person will receive one quilt block per month.

*Each person can chose the color (or two) of blocks they would like to receive. All Blocks will be 12.5 unless otherwise requested and noted.

*Fabrics must be 100% cotton and pre-washed to avoid shrinkage.

*You must be 18 yrs. old or older to participate in this swap.

*You must PM me your addy by the 9th of the month or your name will be removed from the list
I shouldn't have to chase anyone around trying to get their addy. This is your responsibility.

*Folks can sign up for one month and not the next, for however long we continue. No need to promise to be here sewing for a year. One month at a time!

ADDED:
* Completed blocks must be mailed out by the 25th of each month.
* If you're feeling brave, you can sign up TWICE. So you will make two for two different people, and you will receive two from two different people.

I will update this first post each month. You will need to sign up by the 10th of May to be in the swap...no exceptions.

Feel free to chat and/or swap fabric pieces as needed on this thread. Blocks and fabric pieces can easily be popped into an envelope making postage not too big of an issue. Please contact me to make any changes in color, size or if you want to drop out or join up.

You can drop out and join at any point along the way, but you MUST send out the block(s) that you committed to after the 10th of the month.I will try to make an extra block or two in case we have some failures, anyone else who would like to do the same please do, and let me know. Thank you!!

DISCLAIMER:
BYC, and staff are not responsible for what happens within this swap and that people should only swap if they are comfortable knowing they might not get a block in return. (Mail or failure on the part of one person to send one) I will do my best to make sure that doesn’t happen, and will try keep a few blocks on hand to make amends. Please PM Acre if there are any failures.

O.K. for all you that are st-itchin' to get the new list, here it is.

This go round I will, again, start with an empty list. If you would like to be in the May Quilt Block Swap, please post letting me know you would like to be added.

Also, if you haven't been a part of any of the swaps so far, please PM me your mailing address. Let's all have a great time.

If you were a part of last months swap DO NOT sign up for May if you haven't sent your April blocks. If I find out you didn't send your previous block ..... your name will be removed from the list, immediately.

Members for month of 5-2009

Acre of Blessings-- anythings goes (no gothic)
Scrambled Egg-- anything goes
Lunachick--floral, antique, black background
leepsy-- chicken theme, earth tones
Clucklin' Along--anything goes
horsejody--pinks & blues
gumpsgirl-- chicken theme, earth tone
17Roses-- anything goes
ginbart-- anything goes
Scrambled Egg (2)
#1 California Chick-- anything goes but prefers chicken theme
Chevygirlbeth-- earthy tones, farm themes, no bright whites or pinks
piecemaker-- farm theme, no darks or neons
dragracer-- earth tones, chicken themes
Zookeeper9000-- anything goes
leepsy (2)
#1 California Chick (2)
NanaKat-- reds, whites, creams
17 Roses (2)
ginbart (2)
NapsWithChickens-- whites, chicken theme
Scrambled Egg (3)
Zookeeper9000-- anything goes
Elven Dreams
chicken women-- earth tone, chicken theme
Babymakes5-- purples, yellows, greens, blues
17Roses (3)
calicokat-- anything goes
leepsy (3)
chicken women (2)
Zookeeper9000 (2)
FrChuckW
Babymakes5 (2)
Lunachick (2)
chicken women (3)
gumpsgirl (2)
Chevygirlbeth (2)
piecemaker (2)
CedarRidgeChicks-- floral pastels, brights
Zookeeper9000 (3)
Elven Dreams (2)
NanaKat (2)
Crumples-- anything goes, likes blues & greens
CedarRidgeChicks (2)
Cluckin' Along (2)

Last edited:
Sign me up for one for May!
smile.png

I understand that May through Sept. is gonna be busy for those that garden and preserve, so if all you want to do is one block for each swap, that is perfectly fine.

I know that will be all that I can handle for now, myself.
smile.png

Hope you all have a wonderful time during the May Swap.

LOL!!! Guess I should have checked that preference line for you last month Luna!! Lime green and white is a far cry from antigue and black background!!! I'll do better this month
smile.png

Add me two more times Acre, thanks
smile.png

Count me in again.
barnie.gif
celebrate.gif

Wanted to add, Scrambled Egg your under me again.
big_smile.png
I had a training today to become a, Certified Poultry Technician, on the way home I saw a fabric shop so I HAD to stop. They had rows and rows of material. I spent too much but they were having a sale 25 to 35% off. What’s a person to do.
lol.png
I’m taking a class on Saturday and was getting all mixed up on what I needed for here, there, and everywhere. I was in that store for over an hour.

I'm sorry this is really what I wanted to add: anything is fine with me too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom