**2009 Quilt Block Swap for May**

Nice blocks Elven!!!! And Leeps!! You have been practicing!! Those blocks with the unusual centers are gorgeous! Great job there buddy!!! Got BOTH your blocks yesterday Chuck, lol!!! CW!!! You're a new mommy!!! Sooo cute!!!
big_smile.png

You know you wouldn't think we would be such a competetive group but we all are, whichin this case has made us step up our game sooooo much!!! Noone wants to send a crappy block, everyone seems to work so hard at making a nicer and nicer block..me included!!! Ya'll have pushed me try things I never ever would have!!! Heck I thought sewing was for making clothes and I was so not interested in that at all!!! Thank ya'll for the continual challenge, I am learning sooooo much about quilt block making!! And....not only that but it's so much fun!!!!!!
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
!!!!

............................................................................oh and CW......STALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Darlene, you just so.....................................................................................
gig.gif
(funny)

Leepsy those blocks are gorgeous!!!!!
ep.gif
I love the one with the chicken in the middle. So if you ever get my name............
hu.gif
you'll know what to make for me
wink.png

Beautiful blocks everyone!!! I just love them all!
smile.png

I'm sitting here trying to make myself finish a couple pillows I promised to make for a friend forever ago (the fronts are pieced and hand quilted). Then if I don't get too distracted by hatching guineas, maybe I can get started on my blocks for this month! Of course, I have to come up with a dessert for the bowling banquet tonight and we have DH's cousin's graduation party this afternoon....

Oh and here are my 2 early hatchers from last night!
IMG_4155.jpg

They are so adorable. I seem to have lost my touch with hatching. I have tried to batches of eggs, so far, and they have done N_O_T_H_I_N_G!!!!! Not sure whats going on but congrats to your hatch
smile.png

leepsy, I found a pic of the block I sent to you, I hope it meets your earth tones & chicken theme:

941_teenager_chicks_015.jpg

If you don't like it, too late!!!! It already went out!
lol.png

Last edited:
Darlene, glad you finally got them, hope you like them, sorry I didn't put any pink in them for you!
lau.gif

I know SloCrevs got one of hers yesterday, hope the other one shows up as well. Babymakes5 should gets hers today as well. As usual, I forgot to take pictures of them before I sent them out so if you ladies get the chance could you post pics of them for me please, so the others can see them as well.

Later Taters!

Quote:
Cute babies Beth! Does anyone know.....how old are baby chicks when they get sent out from a hatchery? Right away or do they wait like 8 hours or more? I'm trying to figure out when mine were actually hatched so I know how many weeks old they are. Thanks for any info.
smile.png

Quote:
Cute babies Beth! Does anyone know.....how old are baby chicks when they get sent out from a hatchery? Right away or do they wait like 8 hours or more? I'm trying to figure out when mine were actually hatched so I know how many weeks old they are. Thanks for any info.
smile.png

Luna, they are usually sent out as Day Olds, which means they have hatched within the last 24 hours, have had a chance to dry and start moving around. So if the hatchery sends them out on a Monday, then they hatched on Sunday, hope this helps.

thanks for the compliments guys!
big_smile.png

I love all the blocks I'm seeing!! Definitely got some good ideas for future blocks and even planning a quilt... once I get two other WIPs finished!
gig.gif

Congrats on the hatchlings! TOOO CUTE!!

Mine are getting big and my black rooster was trying to crow this morning!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom