BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
----------UPDATE----------
Okay everybody, we'll be ending this contest to new submissions on 5/9!
-----------------------------------

We've been meaning to do this for a LONG time, so we hope there are a TON of submissions just waiting to be entered!

Get those digital cameras out and scan those brooder plans you wrote on the back of your chick starter receipt. Throw them together with a great write up and you could be a winner! (okay... everyone on BYC is a winner... you'd just be an brooder page contest winner!)
big_smile.png

Contest Details:

This is a contest to see who can create the "best" brooder page for BYC. The winner of the contest will get a $20 Gift Certificate for the BYC Store!

You'll be using the BYC Page Creation Tool to design your pages.

Here is what could be included in your page:
1) A write up of how you built your brooder along with any information you think would be helpful to other people who may want to build a similar units.
2) Any designs / plans you used to build your brooder.
3) Pictures of your brooder as it was being constructed.
4) Finished pictures of your brooder.
5) What you would change, do differently next time, or add to your completed brooder.
6) A parts list with prices

If you want your page to win, make sure it has as many of the elements above in as much detail as possible! Here are some additional hints to help you win the contest:

1) Follow the format of some of the coop and incubator pages coop pages.
2) The more details and pictures the better!
3) Pictures - We all love lots of pictures, but PLEASE follow these guidelines: Pictures on the page should be no wider than 800 pixels. If you want to add a larger picture (we all love detailed pictures) please post a thumbnail link or regular link to the picture instead of the huge picture itself.

NEW RULE: ALL pictures MUST be uploaded to the BYC Image Upload Tool.
It is super easy to use and will help ensure that the pages always have the correct images and that they load quickly.

If you have any questions about how to use the BYC Page Tool, read the following thread and post questions here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11399

If
you have questions about the contest reply to this post.

We expect to add all of the brooders submitted to the new homemade chicken brooder section but the best will win the contest.

TO ENTER THE CONTEST:

1) Create a cool page
2) Reply to this thread with a link to your brooder page on BYC!
3) Have Fun!

NOTE: If you're one of those modest types and want to add your brooder to the site but don't want to enter the contest, that is fine. Please still add a link to your page in this thread... the more designs the better the community will be!

A few items to help everyone create BYC Pages quickly and easily:

BYC Page Instructions: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2-Personal_Pages
Upload
pics to BYC: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=52145
Create
a BYC Page in 20 seconds: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=75877

NOTE: We want all types of brooders. Small, big, simple, complex, wood, plastic, etc. Everyone has different budgets, time, and use cases, so we want to capture them all!

I really need to just take pics of mine and post it.... can't believe I never did that, even after my first make of one was 2 years ago now.
roll.png
Awww.... memories!!!!
lau.gif

I have an awesome brooder!!! But seriously derelict computer skills.....
sad.png
I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Don't feel alone. I would love to share my brooders but between being computer challenged and photo challenged I will have to sit and see what wonderful things everyone else comes up with. I am sure it will be exciting.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Rob, is it really that easy?
lol.png
lol.png
I have seen those page creation template thingies...and they skeeeeer me
th.gif

Quote:
Don't feel alone. I would love to share my brooders but between being computer challenged and photo challenged I will have to sit and see what wonderful things everyone else comes up with. I am sure it will be exciting.
big_smile.png

We'll watch together
pop.gif
pop.gif
lol.png

It's not that I want to keep my awesome creation from everyone, I just don't know how to show everyone
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom