2010 What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & WebSite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible to do away with post counts and 'titles'? It's easy to be 'judged' by one's post count's and titles rather than by experience? perhaps an option to show or hide post counts and titles.

I don't like to post reply's just for the sake of getting my post count up and if I feel I have something of value to add, then I do. I have recently had to open a new account on BYC because my laptop was stolen, so for security reasons I had to change everything. I have been a BYC user for some time now and it looks like I'm a newbie and I am often treated as such.
hide.gif

Well, most people also look at the time you joined BYC! When we see someone that joined two-three years before us, we respect them. I enjoy the post count thing!

ETA: Also, your siggie tells us the reason, and that will get you the respect you deserve! (Sorry to hear about your laptop!)

Last edited:
Can we start a new thread with a list of what's been suggested and what 'phase' of talking/planning its in? Make it for 2011!

Subforums, (Discussed- not at this time)

Search omitting non chicken topics (Done (link goes here) )

Having the box that has the 'ego search' in it on every page (not done)

Allowing resent post to be sorted by forum category (not discussed yet)

ECT-

Then we could focus our discussions and stop repeating ideas.
wink.png

Last edited:
You mean like this:

Post Number Suggestion
2 More smileys
smile.png

5 Flock Management Tool on the website. Also, include specifics on worming
6 Another way to let a person leave feedback
11 a section listing chicken supplies that you can get from BYC members
17 "Preview" option before posting the reply
17 the ability to delete more than one pic at a time
17 provide a link to bounce users to Paypal or other online payment sites
17 Filter threads
20 Trade section
24 I would like to see the Subscribed Topics list at the top of the page instead of the bottom.
24 Ability to unsubscribe to more than one topic at a time
25 make our pictures bigger
26 A section for the run. Separate from the coop section
27 A list of everyone's shops
28 option to view my subscribed topics on other pages besides just recent posts
28 BYC iphone app!
28 a way to divide out breeds in the other poultry BST section
28 Picture albums for each user. Also, the ability to make it public or private
29 the only thing on my wish list is if i'm reading a 9 page thread, and on page 3 i wish to respond to one, after i post i find i am on page 9 looking at the post I just created. is it possible for the computer to send you back to where you were automatically
30 I think the Post Counts should be done away with. Keep the date that folks joined the forum and the title system but I can't see how the post counts serve any useful purpose.
30 The "Show you posts" link would be handier at the top of the page rather than the bottom and I would also like to be able to access it from an open thread rather than having to come out of a thread to then go to my posts.
36 In my Profile the "Buddy List" is in there and it would sure make it alot easier to have it in the Messages.
40 more room for pictures!
44 Add a separate section for 'Buy It Now', and a way that the auction doesn't automatically have to end if someone wants to buy. Everyone is having to say "don't hit the Buy It Now button", because it will end the listing, and if they have multiple birds, this is a problem.
44 Add a place for "NPIP"
44 Divide into categories
44 Add a link tab to the Auction forums either on the Home Page or top of Message Board
44 Managing pages: Rename, Re-order, etc
45 Improvement on Search Function
47 Refined search.
52 A way to mark threads for future reference without subscribing to them
55 Remove closed threads
55 Oh and I'd like more auctions available to GFMs! 20 is not nearly enough for a month--especially since it goes from 5 (basic) to 20 (GFM) to endless (PFM)? Maybe 50 for GFM?
59 I'd love to see an area for those of us who build a lot of our own equipment
60 Another cookbook with new recipes
65 I would love to be able to get a e-mail account thru BYC
66 I would like it if after you post something, you could go back to the page you were on
68 I want a button at the bottom of each page to return to the forum
112 Jump to specific pages in the thread
124 "proxy bidding"
132 Being able to PM more than one member at the same time
136 Spell Check (not all browsers have it built-in)
145 advanced poultry keeping topics like breed development, outcrossing, linebreeding, more in-depth genetics, etc...
165 Award members
169 BYC Breeder Index

(I told you we listen to peeps' suggestions!)
big_smile.png

WOW! We Peeps really laid a lot of eggs, didn't we! That's an awfully huge clutch we've asked Staff to set! Hmmm . . . I wonder which ones are fertile? And looks like lots of different Breeds and Varieties - from small quail to some huge turkeys! Some will obviously take longer than others to incubate. I'm sure Staff is very diligently setting on the nest, getting off only long enough to eat, drink, and well, you know . . .! And I'm sure they are diligently turning our eggs, maintaining proper temps and humidity, and kicking out of the nest the duds as they find them.
When we don't hear from Staff for a couple of days, we can only assume they've gone into Lockdown! I can't wait to see what hatches!

Quote:
(I told you we listen to peeps' suggestions!)
big_smile.png

Show off- well I started the other thread anyhow - so now you can see what I did there.

big_smile.png

I'm grouping similar/same request except specific search function fixes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom