2011 What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & WebSite?

Can you ad a Delete button for posts? I placed a post before and later wanted to delete (it was misplaced) but could not do that. I had to erase everything I wrote and post only a dot in my message. Right now we only have the "edit/quote" option. Thank you.

Quote:
You can 'report' your own post and it will be moved to the correct place- or if you double post or the computer has a glitch that makes everything post two or three times (of course when you notice that behavior from your computer reboot it and the modem) ...

Quote:
There's a "delete multiple" link at the right hand corner of the private message list.
big_smile.png

Quote:
There's a "delete multiple" link at the right hand corner of the private message list.
big_smile.png

Have never seen that function. Is it new, or did I just over look it? Thanks! Just deleted all the "listing ended" messages from last year!

wee.gif

It isn't new, but it's easy to miss if you don't know what you're looking for.
I'm glad that I was able to help!
big_smile.png

Not sure if I am going at it the wrong way but to clean up and delete some of the posts I have subscribed to takes a long time. I go to my subscribed posts then go to the post I want to unsubscribe from, click on the unsubscribe link then use my browser back button to continue to unsubscribe other posts. I was thinking if BYC could add a box to each post on the subscribed posts page that you can simply check off to unsubscribe to the link.

Lisa, that's an interesting idea and the timing is also good since I was just checking out the Show unanswered posts at the bottom right of the BYC index page.

Because of the sheer number of new topics every day it would be difficult to keep the unanswered ones at the top of the page... pretty soon all the posts in each section might only be the unanswered ones.

Maybe we need to do a better job of pointing peeps to the "unanswered posts" link. We did improve that link recently when we removed all the Buy Sell Auction listings from it.

Back
Top Bottom