2012 Pa Farm Show How To Sign up For The Poultry Show??

I just went today and was disappointed since there were only about 7 Orps and they were all Buffs. Also disappointing was there were so many empty cages and less birds probably than last year. That Buff Ameraucana though was just great. That was Will Kitsch bird and was on the top bench not exactly sure exactly where it placed, but it had to be either Best Large fowl or Reserve large fowl or possibly better than that.

I just went today and was disappointed since there were only about 7 Orps and they were all Buffs. Also disappointing was there were so many empty cages and less birds probably than last year. That Buff Ameraucana though was just great. That was Will Kitsch bird and was on the top bench not exactly sure exactly where it placed, but it had to be either Best Large fowl or Reserve large fowl or possibly better than that.

Yes, there were a bunch of empty cages. I overheard someone mention that one of the big exhibitors had to cancel his entry of 400 birds because he was under quarantine. Another exhibitor had over 100 entries and canceled due to a family illness. Also, one of the normal exhibitors (who usually brings over 500 birds) did not enter this year.

You should have come and visited me in the beef barn :)

Yes, there were a bunch of empty cages. I overheard someone mention that one of the big exhibitors had to cancel his entry of 400 birds because he was under quarantine. Another exhibitor had over 100 entries and canceled due to a family illness. Also, one of the normal exhibitors (who usually brings over 500 birds) did not enter this year.

Yeah, the one worker there told me there were less then half of what was there last year, mostly because the one main exhibitor you mentioned who brings several hundred birds pulled out, plus someone else showed up the day of the show with sick birds and was sent home. The Self-Blue OEG were really nice though, never many of them in past years, and some nice black rose combs and Chocolate Muscovies too -

Back
Top Bottom