2012 Wyandotte Breeders Thread !!!

YAY I've got some blue and blue laced eggs in the bator. I am so excited!!!!!!!!! They are due in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! So whats going on with everyones breeding thus far?

God bless,
Tyler.

Sounds like a great batch of eggs! I am just now starting to get my breeding pens sorted for this year and have a test run hatch going on in the incubator, all Marans eggs this first run. But I'm really looking forward to hatching season this year!

I was interested in getting some gold and silver wyandottes, do you know of any non- hatchery chicks available, or soon to become, in the upstate California area( far nor-cal) or southern Oregon? Any help would be truly appreciated, as we are moving forward quickly with our fencing and coop projects. :D

I have around 90 chicks int he basement right now in 4 brooders. I have electricity to 2 coops but not the breeding pens. It's too hard to keep thawed water in the pens right now. I'm only getting around 65% fertility since the cocks have their favorites. I'm going to put my blr on craigslist and then move my blues over to that coop. That will drop down my hen/cock ratio nicely. It's February and I already have 3 broodies. *sigh*

YAY I've got some blue and blue laced eggs in the bator. I am so excited!!!!!!!!! They are due in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!! So whats going on with everyones breeding thus far?

God bless,
Tyler.

No broodies here ......yet.....*dreading the day*. But I get move the blue wyandotte eggs down tomorrow. curious to see as to how many hatch, I have been having fertility problems as well. I don't understand though. There is plenty of "love" going on, but the eggs just don't seem to be fertile. I dunno. But, life moves on; fertile eggs, or not. ;)

God bless,
Tyler.

My last post did not work for some reason. I raise sl wyandottes and my birds are from bob coulter.

got any pics for us? I'm just north of you a bit and have been looking for some replacements girls for my boys. Also if you show, the Nebraska State Poultry Assoc show runs first weekend of Nov and we are always looking for more wyandotte breeders to show! If you want details, let me know!

Please give me more details! I have a few pictures on my profile of my birds but I'll try to take some better pictures and post them. My birds are about 11 months old

Please give me more details! I have a few pictures on my profile of my birds but I'll try to take some better pictures and post them. My birds are about 11 months old

no problem! The show is a two day, Nov 3 and 4th in Lincoln, NE at the Lancaster Event Center. It will be our 128th annual show. I'm the show secretary and we are still working on getting the breed meets nailed down, but its always a good time. Just pm me your contact info (address, email) and I'll get you added to the list when the catalogs are ready to go out. I'm also working on a club website as well, just not quite there yet as I just took over the job.

Back
Top Bottom