2012 Wyandotte Breeders Thread !!!

I have Blue Laced Reds and Silver Laced Wyandottes. My parent stock for both of them mostly came from Christine Cole in Oregon. I won't be shipping anything, but I'm hatching starting this Saturday, if any local people are interested.

I'd originally intended to just hatch for myself and maybe sell some extra chicks on craigslist, but my batches are getting bigger. I expect to have over two dozen in the batch I'll set this Saturday. That's a lot of chickens to deal with.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what people here have told me & I have read online, Buff Laced is not common in the US. I have a few Buff hens & a Roo that looks Buff Laced that I was planning to breed this year but don't know what i'll get..... Roo is a BLR x Buff, so i have been told he's basically a BLR without the mahogany gene.
I wanna try though!

Does anyone have BLR or Buff laced in Oregon or Washington? Im looking to get chicks in the next few months. :)

From what people here have told me & I have read online, Buff Laced is not common in the US. I have a few Buff hens & a Roo that looks Buff Laced that I was planning to breed this year but don't know what i'll get..... Roo is a BLR x Buff, so i have been told he's basically a BLR without the mahogany gene.
I wanna try though!
Those sound very pretty. I would love to see pictures of them. :)

I would like to be added to the list please...I have BLRW (LF) HATCHING EGGS! All the girls are laying great as of right now. I am in Central IL..
Thanks

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow. My roo is looking good but the girls are a little frayed from this cold weather. I've got one Black Wyandotte hen that decided to wait until just before we had the ice storm crud here to go into her molt, lol. My Buff's went through a small molt a couple months ago but i have been waiting to see more feathers on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom