2013 P.O.O.P.S, People of Oklahoma Poultry Swap

Channel 9 said winds may be as high as 30mph Saturday & temps not even reaching 60 degrees Saturday!!! Sounds like the weather we had 2 yrs ago.
We planned on bringing our Ez-Up, but canopies may be dangerous in the wind.

Taron spent the day preparing for poops, everyone pretend you don't notice her new braces (she got them on yesterday). I certain she will get embarrassed everytime anyone notices!

DH is going to stay home & work on framing the interior walls of the house. He wants to come, but he has 2 & 1/2 wks to get up all the walls.

Anybody bringing tickets for the raffle?

I will get them

Can't believe that I almost missed these posts, Teva and I will try to make it if we can. With the wet weather in N. Ok. it should slow up just a tad bit and give me enough of a break to come. Or the equipment will press on, break down and I will be busier. Just never can tell. 

Hope you can make it!

Channel 9 said winds may be as high as 30mph Saturday & temps not even reaching 60 degrees Saturday!!! Sounds like the weather we had 2 yrs ago.

Taron spent the day preparing for poops, everyone pretend you don't notice her new braces (she got them on yesterday). I certain she will get embarrassed everytime anyone notices!

DH is going to stay home & work on framing the interior walls of the house. He wants to come, but he has 2 & 1/2 wks to get up all the walls.

And go figure this will be the 1!!!! time the weathermen are right!

is this frizzle what anyone would be looking for?

"DH is going to stay home & work on framing the interior walls of the house. He wants to come, but he has 2 & 1/2 wks to get up all the walls."

I can sympathize with him after the past several months. After our house burned in May, the exterior of the new one didn't get started until the end of Sept. and we got started on the interior walls (framing) the week of Thanksgiving. I spent all day, every day all winter working on getting it to a point where we could move in and I could take a breather. I did about 90% of the interior by myself and it was a job! It was a lot of work for an old woman, but I loved it and the house definitely is a reflection of my personality-- very unique. Several people have asked if I would consider doing contract work and the answer is a big fat NO! lol I hope you guys enjoy your new house as much as I love this one.

Last edited:
I hope everyone is still going to be able to bring chicks. Im looking forward to getting some new ones and some eggs to hatch. I could bring and extension cord or 2 if I needed to.

I hope everyone is still going to be able to bring chicks. Im looking forward to getting some new ones and some eggs to hatch. I could bring and extension cord or 2 if I needed to.

Good thought... I'm a little worried about bringing chicks, too. I will have some reusable heat packs with me and also a heat lamp and extension cords.

POOPS 2013 Want/Bring List
This is a list of things (chickens, poultry, misc.) people are looking for or have to bring to POOPS, for either trade or sale.
Wants
Muesky – LF cochin hatching eggs, chicks, adolescent/adult birds. Ameraucana Blue/Black/White/Splash hatching eggs, chicks, adolescent/adult birds. Bourbon Red Turkeys hatching eggs, chicks, adolescent/adult birds

Jcatblum - nice call duck pairs or trios. Butterscotch, appleyard, blue, grey & possibly others-- don't really care for the blacks.

Ceocka - Silkie hatching eggs showgirl hatching eggs turken hatching eggs tolbunt hatching eggs or birds

Erinszoo - Dominiques, either eggs or a couple of hens and a roo. Plus we're wanting to find a silkie girl for our little boy.

Whiskeytango - Japanese Bantam chicks, Swedish Flower Hen Chicks and maybe some Marans.

Clfromok – frizzles and BLR Wyandottes
our 5acre farm - red laced blue wyandottes, speckled sussex, french marans. maybe chicks so I can get started cheap.
Poultry and Bees – Cheap clean legged chicks
OkieT - Dutch bantam roo if anyone has any; preferrably blue or black, but any would be better than none.

Eddieokie – Juvenal golden laced wyandottes
Hearts4animals - Marans, LF Cochin, Silkies
Elie mea - yellow mountain buffs
Mommapoppybee and gun momma - Cochins and frizzles
Blinkin – 1 or 2 female pekin ducks about 2-4 months old

Brings
Muesky – LF Cochin hatching eggs, Ameraucana hatching eggs, Bourbon Red hatching eggs. 3-5000 btu a/c units, metal brooder boxes of various sizes.
(I will be bringing hand warmers and heat lamps to chicks, as well as some power strips and extension cords)

Jcatblum - Might have some chicks. If anyone is looking for an extra roo I am happy to bring a few to share

Lonnyandlinda - B/B/S LF Ameracuana hatching eggs and probably black chicks (unsexed) Cream Legbar hatching eggs and day old pairs (and an adult pair to show off) Black Copper Marans hatching eggs and day old chicks (unsexed), and maybe some adolescent/adult pairs MAYBE some Isbar chicks

Erinszoo - white holland turkey poults. Will have apple butter and tomato plants and maybe an assortment of other jellies and jams

Mjgigax - Flowering Almond bush plants and some succelent starts. After I get back from MI I will see if I have some Cochin eggs to bring - Mille Fleur and Mottled.

Cathiesue - 2 Swedish FLower Hen Roosters. I know that sounds funny but they are known as Swedish Flower Hens regardless of sex. It's a Swedish thing

Nanakat - large fowl Cochin juveniles: Blue, Splash and Black. Wyandotte juveniles: CW, Black, Blue and a few project F1. Some may be in pairs or trios.

Clfromok - would like to sell my EE Chicks & a couple of SLW cockerels
BetsyOK – silkies and showgirls
Whiskeytango - toys for sale or swap. I have tin tops,
tin wind-up tractors, tin rooster whistles, wooden animals (goats, cows, horses, sheep etc.) and probably some other stuff.
Heart4animals – Pair of red cochin
FunChick - mottled cochin bantam roo...and two EE roos and possibly blue andalisian hens...for sale or trade
Poultry and Bees - yellow golden and red golden pheasant hatching eggs
Jack - Wheaten and Gold Salmon Marans chicks
Gunmama – A few chicks
Nickw - 18-20 pure coronation sussex chicks I could bring. I'm having out of state family visiting so will have limited time to be there but I could bring some if there is any interest. They are all less than a month old and I sell them for $10 each.
FunChick - two EE roos...but they are bantams
Elie mea - americona chicks and hatching eggs and RIR chicks and hatching eggs. And a few chicken decor items
Poco Pollo - standard Cornish hatching eggs. two EE roosters and a barred cochin bantam rooster. Rooster crosses (NN X Ameraucanas X Catalana X Maran)

Please! Please! Please! send me a pm of what you are looking for or have to bring. I will up-date the list daily. Do not post it on the thread, as I do not want to overlook any posts.

POOPS 2013 Food List
Entrees - Main Dishes
Jcatblum – Oven Baked Ham
Shelbydog – Apple butter pulled pork
mjgigax - Meat
Muesky – Vegetarian Dish
Poco Pollo – Casserole
BirdWalkFarm – Fried Chicken

Sides
Muesky – Pasta Salad
Nanakat - Cabbage Salad
Heart4animals -
Frog Eye Salad. It is a fruit pasta salad
Cayuseranch - Corn Casserole
Clfromok – Pasta Salad
OkieT – Garlic Cheese Biscuit
BirdWalkFarm – Dinner Rolls
Bardies – Broccoli Salad
Eddieokie – Potato Salad
Cathiesue – Potato Chips and Dip, Veggie Tray
Elie mea – Chips and dip

Dessert
Lonnyandlinda – dessert ?
FunChick – dessert ?
Due – dessert ?
Whiskeytango – cookies
BirdWalkFarm – Coconut Cream Pie and Carmel Apple Pecan Pie.
Gunmama – Brownies
Mommapoppybee - cookies

Drinks
Muesky – Fruit tea
Okiechick57 – Case of Water
Fleabyte - Sodas

Misc.
Paper Plates - Nanakat
Napkins - Nanakat
Plastic ware – Poultry and Bees
Paper Towels - FunChick
Cups - Poultry and Bees
Awnings - OkieT
If you have any food or supplies to add to the list please send me a PM so I can add it to the list. Thanks much!

Back
Top Bottom