2013 Spring Seed Swap

Welcome! Requests are accepted and hopefully I will be able to fulfill some of them. I have a list going so its easier to keep track of when I start sorting.

Great! I'll get my seeds and packets together this weekend and get them out next week!

When postage was more reasonable we used to do perennial swaps on another site, too. Some of my best (and favorite) plants over the years have come from swaps - local and online both. Gardeners are always great at sharing. I guess Chicken Peeps are, too, lol!

Has anyone started anything yet?
Here's what I have started so far under lights:

Tomatoes...Each type I have a six pack planted.

Homestead 24
Mortgage Lifter
Ananas Noire
Pineapple
Atkins
Brandywine
Roma
Sausage
Jefferson Giant
Kelloggs Breakfast
Zapotec Pleated
Constoluto Genove
Beefsteak
Hillbilly/Flame
Imor Prior Beta
Mariglobe
Rutgers

Then I have Tobacco Seeds:

Hopi
Tennessee Red
Florida Sumatra
Southern Beauty
Yellow Oronoko
Harrow Velvet

Other stuff that I have started is:

Broccoli Purple (from a past seed swap on here) and a normal green type
Asparagus
Artichokes Green and Purple
Ground Cherry (from 09 seed swap on here!!)
Armenian Cucumbers
Marina de Chioggia Squash
Peanuts
Cantelopes
Eggplants Black and Purple
Basils, Sweet, Lemon, Genovese
Two kinds of mint Spearmint and Peppermint
and Thyme

WHAT NEXT?? I still have to start Peppers indoors and most of the rest will be started outside in 8 weeks or so...

So What are you all doing? I'm not the only one planting am I?

denasfarm - I'm glad to know i'm not the only one started! I've already up-potted 12 different varieties of tomatoes, 4 different melons, 4 varieties of winter squash plus eggplant, cucumbers, artichokes, parsley, and basil. In my greenhouse i have lettuce, spinach, beets, broccoli rabe, cabbage, celery, kale, radishes, and potatoes all up and growing and my peas are coming up in their own little cold frame bed too. waiting on the asparagus to start showing up. My spearmint is a perrenial weed in my yard that meanders at will. One year it took over the cantalope bed then the next it moved to invade the strawberries, last year i put it in pots but it still showed up in the corn. It's like a hundred leg octopus!

I thought you got mine? Typo?

Edited to say found it on post 49 page 5
Yes, typo. Let's try again with more updates!
celebrate.gif

denasfarm--SEEDS RECEIVED
katsdar--SEEDS RECEIVED
GrannysRoost--
uphilljill--SEEDS RECEIVED
Kavaji--SEEDS RECEIVED
Going Bhonkers--
erinszoo--
yinepu--SEEDS RECEIVED
SubruralGirl--
SS Farm--
Kassaundra--
gaitngirl--
bockbock2008--

I believe this is correct now.

I just transplanted from the germination tray into 6 packs and peat pots broccoli (from a seed swap 2 years ago and it's still germinating just fine), cauliflower, green cabbage, peter peppers and egg plant. I still have about 12 types of peppers that I'm waiting on germiation and then in about 2 weeks I will get the tomatoes started. I got my new greenhouse set up yesterday so hopefully tomorrow I can get some shelving in there and get the flats out of my dining room.

Back
Top Bottom