2014 breeding season begins, post your results

That is a good post on packaging, we'd need some seriously big plastic Easter eggs though. And I'll bet "Fragile Live Embryos" really freaks out the postal employees, I know it would me. I'd be wondering what kind of embryos they were.
hu.gif

That is a good post on packaging, we'd need some seriously big plastic Easter eggs though. And I'll bet "Fragile Live Embryos" really freaks out the postal employees, I know it would me. I'd be wondering what kind of embryos they were. :confused:

I wonder if they make jumbo Easter eggs? As for the live embryos, I think that woulds raise all sorts of flags if one were shipping out of State, but don't quote me on that.

-Kathy

I wonder if they make jumbo Easter eggs? As for the live embryos, I think that woulds raise all sorts of flags if one were shipping out of State, but don't quote me on that.

-Kathy

Nah , all of my shipped eggs are from out of state and on many of them it said "live embryos" and the PO up a yellow sticker saying hatching eggs.

I think there is a new law in CA that says eggs and chicks must come from a facility that's tested negative for a bunch of diseases, but not sure how that's enforced.

-Kathy

I'm getting my flock tested in a couple of weeks to get my NPIP certification.
My birds are going to be so mad at me. Peafowl and turkeys will be going into my new breeding flight pens after testing.

I'm getting my flock tested in a couple of weeks to get my NPIP certification.
My birds are going to be so mad at me. Peafowl and turkeys will be going into my new breeding flight pens after testing.

Will they be testing for MG and MS? Just curious...

-Kathy

Nice looking bator what brand is it? does the fan have a cover over it? seen a few scalped peas here when the fan had no cover , wee peas are taller than chicken chicks so they can hit their head on an uncovered fan.

There is a cover. I paid 220.00 for it they are now $2200.00 on Amazon I guess I lucked out. The brand is Janoel8-48

That is a good post on packaging, we'd need some seriously big plastic Easter eggs though. And I'll bet "Fragile Live Embryos" really freaks out the postal employees, I know it would me. I'd be wondering what kind of embryos they were.
hu.gif
DylansMom when I ship my peafowl eggs I wrap each egg in bubble wrap and I use pipe insulation, just cut it to the length you need and tape it closed.

And my shipping label looks like this:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom