2014 breeding season begins, post your results

My peas are not free ranged and I can separate them from the guineas and I have a lb of safe guard. The peas weight about the same. The safe guardi 0.5% I have let thei food run way down can I dump the entire sack in their feeder without giving too much?
You should probably worm all of your birds, peafowl, guineas and chickens. How many other birds are with the peas?

-Kathy

Last edited:
I really do want greens from Rocking BAB. I did ask Josh this year if he would sell pure green peafowl eggs and he said no. I don't think he really sells eggs and as for young peachicks it seems like they only sell young chicks in the common varieties. By the time the greens are old enough to be sexed at maybe half a year old they cost $900 each so pretty expensive and that would be a lot to pay for something that could spook and kill itself of have something kill it, etc. I really like the way his birds look though and maybe someday I can have some nice ones.

Minx, at the point in time where you have the pens,have the equipment,have the breeder birds,have an incubator and brooder box,,chick rearing spaces, I no longer like to sell eggs either. Once the egg is laid your only 26 days away from at least doubling it's value,and in many cases tripling it's value,once a chick is hatched. If you only have a few free ranging pairs it's diffrent. But when I look at my costs for building pens and their winter building for housing(not counting the incubator,hatcher,and small pens while growing) plus their feed I really don't consider selling eggs anymore.

Last edited:
I don't think she has the daily wormer,after looking it up
[COLOR=333333] [COLOR=940F00]
Safe-Guard
00ae.png
0.5% Pelleted Medicated Dewormer

[/COLOR] [COLOR=940F00]
Intervet

[/COLOR]

For use in beef and dairy cattle and horses.
Fenbendazole 5 gm per kg (2.27 mg per pound) Alfalfa-based pellets.
1-day treatment for cattle to control lungworms, stomach worms, intestinal worms, bankrupt worms and nodular worms. Zero milk withdrawal. 13 day slaughter withdrawal.
Use as a top dressing on feed at the rate of 1.1 lb for each 1,100 lb of body weight.
For use in all horses and ponies (including pregnant mares, stallions and foals) to control large and small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids.
Feed 1.1 lb pkg to 1100 lb horse in one feeding (with daily ration).
Does the bag look like this Margret? [/COLOR]

Quote:
Safe-Guard
00ae.png
0.5% Pelleted Medicated Dewormer

Intervet

For use in beef and dairy cattle and horses.
Fenbendazole 5 gm per kg (2.27 mg per pound) Alfalfa-based pellets.

1-day treatment for cattle to control lungworms, stomach worms, intestinal worms, bankrupt worms and nodular worms. Zero milk withdrawal. 13 day slaughter withdrawal.

Use as a top dressing on feed at the rate of 1.1 lb for each 1,100 lb of body weight.

For use in all horses and ponies (including pregnant mares, stallions and foals) to control large and small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids.

Feed 1.1 lb pkg to 1100 lb horse in one feeding (with daily ration).

Does the bag look like this Margret?
Same thing, I think, just a smaller bag of it.

-Kathy

Last edited:
http://valleyvet.naccvp.com/index.php?m=product_view_basic&u=country&p=msds&id=1047470
DAIRY AND BEEF CATTLE DOSAGE
5 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight in a one (1) day treatment (2.27 mg fenbendazole per pound of body weight).
Examples of Feeding Rates for Safe-Guard
00ae.png
0.5% (fenbendazole) Alfalfa-Based Pellets for Cattle
Body Weight (lbs)

Safe-Guard
00ae.png
0.5% Pellets

0.2 lbs

0.5 lbs

1.0 lbs

Cows, sheep, pigs, horses all get less per pound than poultry, dogs and cats do.

-Kathy

One pound of Safeguard pellets is equal to 22.7ml of Safeguard liquid, both have 2270 mg (2.27 grams) of fenbendazole.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom