2014 breeding season begins, post your results

Then they have hid it extremely well! I have watched where they hang out between 11 am and 2 pm and we have about 9 man hours in searching so far. When it dries out I will start the search again but the weeds keep getting higher every day.
You will get better at finding them. I understand about weeds, we got this one thorney weed here that will grow 3 feet in 3 days in my gardens after a rain, horrible things and i can not get rid of them, need some goats again i guess, they took care of all these kinda things

Then they have hid it extremely well!  I have watched where they hang out between 11 am and 2 pm and we have about 9 man hours in searching so far.  When it dries out I will start the search again but the weeds keep getting higher every day. 

I have accidentally found my guinea nest! Look for the most undergrowth you can find and look inside chances are you will find eggs!

1/2 cc per guinea, is that one time or do you follow up with a second in ten days?  Also, is there any egg withdrawals or need to wait until after laying season? 

They are still laying. I get to go look for another nest. Something got into their last one and got the eggs so they moved the nest!

No near big enough it would be bad idea IMO to keep her in there unless she was sick or hurt.
hugs.gif
we will just keep her in the area she is now and see what happens- we want her to be as comfortable and stress free as possible.

1/2 cc per guinea, is that one time or do you follow up with a second in ten days? Also, is there any egg withdrawals or need to wait until after laying season?
I follow up for 2 more days , don't at 10 days but most folks do, i worm every 2 months if there has been alot of rain , if not i do them every 3 months for 3 days in a row.
Not sure about egg withdraw but i am going to go ahaed and worm all mine this week and i will reporet back on future fertility, i did read a post that said recently on here that it will not hurt fertility and i do not think it will because it is a mild wormer but i will test it and see as i am done collecting eggs to sell, now they go under chicken hens or the peahens can sit them. Tired of dealing the public
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom