2014 breeding season begins, post your results

I started out with 15 guineas. I've got 34 now, with 8 week old keets in the brooder, and 10 in the Bator! I sold or given away about 30 or 40 keets. They do multiply like rats, but I do not have any bugs! I think my hens are quite laying!

Thank you
smile.png

That will be a very special bird when it matures! Beautiful!

He is a beauty Q8 is it spradle leg or is his leg twisted outwards? i did not think they could stand with spraddle leg.
I have a white girl hatched this year with her leg stuck over here heard it took a week to get the leg down where it belonged and now she walks knot kneed,

i am not going to keep her for breeding i just wanted to see how far i could get with her as far as rehabbing, she gets around good and can roost , don't know how but she gets up on them trees with the rest so he may still be breedable if he is only knotkneed.

He is a beauty Q8 is it spradle leg or is his leg twisted outwards? i did not think they could stand with spraddle leg.
 I have a white girl hatched this year with her leg stuck over here heard it took a week to get the leg down where it belonged and now she walks knot kneed,

i am not going to keep her for breeding  i just wanted to see how far i could get with her as far as rehabbing, she gets around good and can roost , don't know how but she gets up on them trees with the rest so he may still be breedable if he is only knotkneed.

I've got a spraddle leg keet that is about a week old. We have taped her legs togeather, but not enough where she can't walk. It other one that was spraddle leg got well by the second day. This one we have left on longer but it is still spraddled leg. Any suggestions?

I've got a spraddle leg keet that is about a week old. We have taped her legs togeather, but not enough where she can't walk. It other one that was spraddle leg got well by the second day. This one we have left on longer but it is still spraddled leg. Any suggestions?
It is difficult you have to keep taping and retaping , it is time consuming i usually just cull cause i will not keep chicks for breeding when they hatch like this as a normal rule are like this

Back
Top Bottom