2014 Crochet square swap, colorful circles.

The only color rules will be the white final two rounds, and it needs to be real white, not offwhite, ecru, eggshell etc.... I plan on using the red heart super saver white personally, it is easy for me to get.

Now for the circles, any color, any #4 yarn, any number of colors, as long as they are placed in a gradient pattern (lightest in the center to darkest final round).

I picked this pattern b/c I thought it would make a good "scrappy color" w/ a purpose type project. Be a chance to use up bits of stash, and be a little more on the modern side, spread our design wings a little. I think the simplicity of the design will lend well to the scrappy color idea w/o being a hot mess.

So yes no alteration in the pattern, just in the circle colors.

Would the group like to stipulate the final white rounds being a specific brand of yarn? If so which one? Keeping in mind it needs to be a nation wide brand.

The large block needs to finish at 12 inches and the small one at 6. I think we need to do equal amount of both per set so the finished piece will have large and small blocks that "speak" to each other colorwise. If we decide to assemble like the blogger did we will have to make extra small squares ourselves, and if we have to make those all ourselves there will be few / none that are the same color as the larger ones.

I'm thinking if we set the number to a specific number, say 12 large and 12 small (open for suggestions on the number) then we can keep the sign up open longer, as long as new sign ups think they can finish be the deadline.

I think a specific brand for the last two rounds might make it easier to put them together if someone doesn't want to add another round. Too for me there are so few squares that a brand specific is easier to deal with, but I do have lots of leftovers.

This is your swap so you can make the rules to your choosing. I don't mind.

Last edited:
I think a specific brand for the last two rounds might make it easier to put them together if someone doesn't want to add another round. Too for me there are so few squares that a brand specific is easier to deal with, but I do have lots of leftovers.

This is your swap so you can make the rules to your choosing. I don't mind.
You can always sign up for more sets.
wink.png

I was playing around w/ the squares and the color combos are going to be so fun to play with.

I also noticed something, when you change colors start the new row in a different location on the round then the one you just ended. It can be completely random, but starting the new color in a different spot will help keep the circle rounder.

Man these are addictive!!!! I can do a 12 incher and a 6 incher both under 1 1/2 hours. ( am a moderate speed crocheter)

So far I've done an orange, a purple, and the blue I already posted.

Back
Top Bottom