2014 Crochet square swap, colorful circles.

Pics
Why couldnt the bicycle stand up by itself?

Cuz it was too tired!

Haha, get it?

Not holiday, but it's all I have got!

Oh yes, and my set of squares is done!

Just helping sebocat jr with his now.....

Our group of crocheters participating in the swaps keeps dwindling. I think there are a few reasons for this, the cost of postage being one, the commitment to multiple squares, trying to find something to do w/ the squares (not everyone crochets for afghans) and a few others.

I have been thinking about this and trying to come up w/ some ideas for changes for future swaps. I think I've come up w/ some new and hopefully exciting changes that will address these problems and at the same time include more of our yarn / thread friends.

I will post more about this after this swap is finished and shoot for our first new swap style for after the first of the year.

See my post on the Crochet chat thread.

Now for a question I should have asked long ago.

How many stitches for rows 4, 5, 6, and 7?

I'm counting but they don't seem to makes sense. Row 7 I think is 84. This is important to have the right stitches to get the square.

Might be why I'm not getting the right size, cuz even though I count and it seems right my last stitches are not evenly spaced between the "stitch 2" part.

ex. 2 ,1,1,1,1 2, 1,1,1,1,2, but my last stitches on round 5 end with 2, 1, 2 (the beginning stitches)1,1,1,1, 2

Round 4 has 48 stitches, round 5 ?, round 6? round 7, 84 stitches.

The pattern doesn't give the number of stitches for rounds 4,5,6.

See my post on the Crochet chat thread.

Now for a question I should have asked long ago.

How many stitches for rows 4, 5, 6, and 7?

I'm counting but they don't seem to makes sense. Row 7 I think is 84. This is important to have the right stitches to get the square.

Might be why I'm not getting the right size, cuz even though I count and it seems right my last stitches are not evenly spaced between the "stitch 2" part.

ex. 2 ,1,1,1,1 2, 1,1,1,1,2, but my last stitches on round 5 end with 2, 1, 2 (the beginning stitches)1,1,1,1, 2

Round 4 has 48 stitches, round 5 ?, round 6? round 7, 84 stitches.

The pattern doesn't give the number of stitches for rounds 4,5,6.
I had the same problem when I first went on to my 12" blocks. I did some research and found out the rounds 5 should have 60 stitches and round 6 should have 72 stitches. I figured out that I was somehow missing the dc into the joining stitch, it ended up one stitch over, so it threw the rest of the rounds off. They turned out right once I was getting the stitch in the correct place.

I'm glad someone had your answer, it has been to long since I finished these and I've worked on making to many patterns since then to remember.

My heads so full I can't even think these days. Did I say I went to the doc and he said Brochitis. ? I wish my ears would stop ringing. It's really getting to me. I mean really.

Seems to be going around, I dealt with the crud not to long ago and it really kicked my hiney. Take care of you - might be some time for some hearty chicken soup!!

Back
Top Bottom