2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

Haven't ordered yet, which I hope my wish list will be available, but I'm getting:
pullets:
Ancona:3
EE's: 4
Delaware: 3
Cornish:2
Welsummer:4
Cuckoo Maran:2
roos:
Delaware:3
Welsummer:3

and hopefully 10-15 meaties.

Haven't ordered yet, which I hope my wish list will be available, but I'm getting:
pullets:
Ancona:3
EE's: 4
Delaware: 3
Cornish:2
Welsummer:4
Cuckoo Maran:2
roos:
Delaware:3
Welsummer:3

and hopefully 10-15 meaties.
You better hurry. I ordered a month ago and now most of the breeds I picked are now sold out or only males available . Most hatcheries let you order now(MEyer incl.) and pay later

Last edited:
I am in southern Maine. I am going to check out Ideal, I love to have Chicks for easter weekend but its late this year so maybe I'll order my BO and Sex links for a March date and the others for Easter. I was planning on ordering the Cornishx for Juneish.
Thanks for the info :)
wink.png

I am in southern Maine. I am going to check out Ideal, I love to have Chicks for easter weekend but its late this year so maybe I'll order my BO and Sex links for a March date and the others for Easter. I was planning on ordering the Cornishx for Juneish.
Thanks for the info :)
wink.png

Your welcome.

I am ordering from Cackle. I ordered 5 EE's, 5 brown leghorns, and 5 Salmon Faverolles. I ordered over the phone on January 3 and they gave me a hatch/ship date of February 19 and should be here February 21st.

I placed my order last week, they should be here at the end of this week. 25 assorted bantam Wyandottes, 4 bantam Cochins, 6 Magpie ducks. I'll be getting my broilers later. :)

I have and order of 10 cinnamon queens and 15 EE coming from Cackle and should arrive on Valentine's Day.
love.gif

We also ordered a Cackle Hatchery Surprise and it should be here in early March. We had a lot of fun with ours from last year!

I'm going back and forth on ordering from Ideal to ship out tomorrow. We have yet another cold front coming in tonight but since Ideal is in Texas they should be here the next day and hopefully won't get to cold on the way. I had planned on ordering about 10 chicks and was leaning towards bantams but now I'm not sure. My husband said to stick with standard size chickens. We were wanting naked necks but they aren't due to hatch until the 10th and I'm just wanting to order some because I don't want to wait...Once I start adding it all up, we don't need that many!
wink.png
We bought a total of 100 chicks last year and from selling the extras and predators (there were only a couple of 'natural' losses) we have 8 left...since we are probably only keeping about that many this year too do I really need to order 100 again...why yes, yes I do
lau.gif

I just placed my order with Mt Healthy today :)
I am getting 4 Easter Eggers (they call them something else, but the woman on the phone said they were usually referred to as Easter Eggers, which is what I wanted), 3 Barred Plymouth Rock, 3 Black Australorp, 3 Buff Brahmas, 3 Cuckoo Marans and 9 Buckeyes. I wanted a little variety in breeds, but really wanted the Buckeyes. I lucked out too, she said they were getting ready to pull the Marans and Buckeyes off their website because they were mostly sold out--and I originally wanted an early April ship date, but the earliest I could get those in my batch o chicks was April 21-22. So I'm pretty pleased :) All pullets.
I've always just picked up RIR's at a local feed store before back in the day, so this is new to me (and kind of exciting!)

I placed my order a few weeks ago. From Meyer I'm getting 3 white sultans and 12 RIR coming the week of match 24th. From mcmurray I'm getting 15 pearl white leghorns and 12 Rouen ducks coming the week of April 7th. And finally from cackle I've got 15 Guineas coming June 4th.

Back
Top Bottom