2014 Hatchery Chick Orders

I was finally able to track my shipping info from this morning. They were accepted at the post office in Lebanon, MO at 11:15 this morning, Wednesday...and aren't suppose to arrive here until Saturday?! Out of all of the 4 chick orders I've placed for this year, this is the one that was the responsible order...

Here's my first post so bear with me :) I want to order some Cream Legbars - still looking for that! I have a local friend who is going to sell me some Blue Columbian Brahmas, Blue Partridge Brahmas, and Hemedoras! I am very excited!

Here's my first post so bear with me :) I want to order some Cream Legbars - still looking for that! I have a local friend who is going to sell me some Blue Columbian Brahmas, Blue Partridge Brahmas, and Hemedoras! I am very excited!
Brahmas? I LOVE brahmas! Sounds like some nice color variations as well. I wish I could have some like that!
wink.png
. Never heard of Hemedoras though, I just might have to look them up right now
smile.png
I was finally able to track my shipping info from this morning. They were accepted at the post office in Lebanon, MO at 11:15 this morning, Wednesday...and aren't suppose to arrive here until Saturday?! Out of all of the 4 chick orders I've placed for this year, this is the one that was the responsible order...

Congrats. What do you mean by "responsible order"?

Okay, so I THINK I know what I am getting from Cackle. I think I'm going to order their Heavy Breed pullet assortment considering they are on sale. Has anyone gotten this before?

Congrats. What do you mean by "responsible order"?
My other orders are 'just for fun'.
big_smile.png
The bantams are because I love them but had bad luck with them last year. I wouldn't have sold so many of the extras I had ordered if I had known we were going to have so many losses, mainly a feral cat and 2 dogs we no longer have. So, I ordered 10 bantams in a surprise assortment and because of the severe cold weather we had last week we only have 4 left, plus their packing peanut buddies. Then the order I placed after that was for 9 Turken pullets, I think I was upset over the losses from the first order, and they had 5 packing peanut buddies. Order #3 was technically ordered first but wouldn't be send out until today. They are all suppose to be layers, 15 EE pullets and 10 cinnamon queens. They will be really easy to sell after we pick who we are keeping. Then we have a Cackle surprise coming in the first week of March because it was so much fun last year!

I'm really worried that the order that's on its way isn't going to get here in time. It looks like we have a week turken from the order we got in today and it was only a 2 night travel.

My other orders are 'just for fun'.
big_smile.png
The bantams are because I love them but had bad luck with them last year. I wouldn't have sold so many of the extras I had ordered if I had known we were going to have so many losses, mainly a feral cat and 2 dogs we no longer have. So, I ordered 10 bantams in a surprise assortment and because of the severe cold weather we had last week we only have 4 left, plus their packing peanut buddies. Then the order I placed after that was for 9 Turken pullets, I think I was upset over the losses from the first order, and they had 5 packing peanut buddies. Order #3 was technically ordered first but wouldn't be send out until today. They are all suppose to be layers, 15 EE pullets and 10 cinnamon queens. They will be really easy to sell after we pick who we are keeping. Then we have a Cackle surprise coming in the first week of March because it was so much fun last year!

I'm really worried that the order that's on its way isn't going to get here in time. It looks like we have a week turken from the order we got in today and it was only a 2 night travel.

I was thinking of ordering a Cackle hatchery surprise as well for a delivery at the end of May. (I want the turkeys, ducks and/or geese)

hmmm... very tough decision. I got a gift card to myer's but I was thinking about buying from ridgway. There are so many hatcheries out there and I just cant decide. I'm kinda scared that if i order from myers then they are all going to show up dead!
I have ordered from Meyers 3 times and didn't have a problem. The normal happens I did loose one birds during shipping and that was a meat bird. Lost 2 after that and they refund you your money. I have had a good run from them. They have been the only one that I have ordered from so far. I am going to order from them again and also mcmurray

I get my Cream Legbars this summer!
smile.png
....long wait....
sad.png

My first order came from My Pet Chicken. I ordered 3 extras and all of them lived. They all thrived except the 2 culled roosters and one adventurous hen who met with an unfortunate accident. They've said that if I want to order again, the minimum order would be 7.

I am sorry to hear about you guys in the snowbound areas with orders being held up so long. Sometimes you get helpful PO workers who help get them through, and sometimes you don't.

We started raising chicks about three years ago. We've only ordered from a hatchery once before, McMurray. I just ordered from them again this week. Our chicks are due to come in next week. We ordered some breeds that we have experience with and some because I wanted to try some other breeds.

2 Dark Cornish pullets
5 Partridge Rock pullets
1 White Crested Black Polish cockerel
1 White Crested Black Polish pullet
3 Partridge Cochin pullets
1 Golden Polish cockerel
1 Golden Polish pullet
1 Mottled Houdan cockerel
1 Mottled Houdan pullet
5 Buff Orpington pullets
4 Columbian Wyandotte pullets

I can't wait to get them and I hope they all arrive healthy!

I ordered 20 speckled sussex from Ideal for a 3/10 hatch date. A week after I ordered they were wait-listed. I am SUPER excited to try out this breed!
very good breed we have two and love them very friendly sometimes a little timid but will eat outta our hands pretty good layers too! And they look neat my husbands favorite ladies!!

Back
Top Bottom