2014 OHIO NATIONAL UPDATE

Hey everyone! I know this is last minute, as the show started a couple days ago, but Ive been waiting for this show for awhile and I am only able to come on Sunday. Will vendors and birds still be there? Or does everyone pack up and leave pretty early on Sunday?

Thanks in advance!

Christie

Can anyone please tell me/post who the winners where in the large fowl Buckeye class? Appreciate it... thank you.

I got this off there website
Champion Sussex - Sandra Ross - Cockerel
Reserve Champion Sussex - Mark Irish - Hen

But i also pick up two blue lace red wyandotte pullets and 2 blue and 1 splash ameraucana
and my friend picked up a trio of silver sebirghts and a pair of grey calls

The show this year was amazing, Im excited for next year when ill be able to show in it! And CONGRATS to all the winners

Awesome show! I wish I could have gotten my hands on some penciled rocks, but I couldn't find any sellers. Oh well, there's always next year. Anyone know what the official bird count was?

I didn't get there until Saturday afternoon.... We drove 23 all the down from eastern michigan and it took five hours!
he.gif
Man... they must have been good for the judge to buy them! Next year I am going on Thursday and spending the whole weekend. Hopefully I will have some show quality Campines with me, but they probably won't be ready yet. Did you have that big beautiful standard blue laced red wyandotte cock I saw?

No i didnt show mine this year, I got mine from sunset meadow farm, i think they had a blue lace red wyandotte cock there showing but i dont know for sure, next year im hoping to go down and show my birds. Are youb gonna show next year?

Last edited:
Where can I find a list of all the winners from the Ohio National Show each year?

Is there a list of exhibitors and best of breed each year?

Whenever I've purchased purebred animals in the past I've always found breeders off of show records, but have had difficulty finding these in chickens. I found a list of master breeders through the APA, but it's not organized by breed, just by breeder's names, so looking for breeders of a particular breed has been difficult. Breeder clubs are open to everyone, so seeing that a breeder is a member is wonderful, but does not imply quality of the bird.

I am interested in Red Dorkings, Speckled Sussex, and Buckeyes, all large fowl.

Back
Top Bottom