2015 breeding season

Can you hatch a Indian Blue Pied Peachick by having a Indian Blue Peacock with a white Peahen or a White Peacock with a Indian Blue Peahen.

My sister borrowed mine to spy on her cats feed bowls after finding 'funny' paw prints around the water bowl. She has a cat door on her garage door and found that opossums and coons were coming in and eating with the cats like one big happy family.
LOL- One year I had an opossum dump one of her babies in with a litter of kittens.

I have rats that made a big tunnel system right under the dog box in the bird pen. I saw one out the other day and he fought off a squirrel to get all of the peafowl food. I saw a cat out by the pen and I am hoping that the cat has caught some of the rats, but I am thinking I need to kill them as I was told by a local breeder who is struggling with rat problems that not only will they eat bird eggs but they will kill chicks.

So isn't there a box you can put out that the rats crawl into, eat poision, then die in the box? I don't want them to crawl out and the feral cat to eat them or have poison out in the open for anything to eat. So what do you all use?
I've only tried it once, but it worked then. If you hurt, but not kill one of them they will move out.

My cat likes to spend some nights in the pens with the birds. We find a few dead mice, but I think the peas eat most of them before I see them.
As long as the peas are adults, this is probably the best way to go. So far I haven't had rodent problems but I don't kill possums,coons,hawks, or skunks, I just keep my pens predator proof and the predators seem to keep the rodent populations down.

Well, Pete is sleeping with the peas again tonight, he didn't want to come out so in he stays. I was digging a hole for a perch in the new run today, actually, I had dug it with the auger on the skid loader last week and today I was cleaning it out to put the post in. I was pulling big clods out by hand when I came across a mouse,
ep.gif
I did a small amount of damage to it and pulled it out of the hole. No sooner than it cleared the hole Sweepea grabbed it right out of my hand and ran off with her prize. She must have played with it for a good five minutes like a cat until it just wasn't any fun any longer. Other than treats and hugs that was the most fun she had all day.

Didn't get any eggs last night but tonight I got FIVE! Two were perch bombs, one of which was cracked so I get to eat a pea egg for breakfast tomorrow. The sad part is it was from the Purple BS x Cameo hen. Oh well, I guess it is time to set 14 pea eggs tonight.
celebrate.gif

Didn't get any eggs last night but tonight I got FIVE! Two were perch bombs, one of which was cracked so I get to eat a pea egg for breakfast tomorrow. The sad part is it was from the Purple BS x Cameo hen. Oh well, I guess it is time to set 14 pea eggs tonight.
celebrate.gif
clap.gif
Can't wait to see what hatches, what color are the others from?

clap.gif
Can't wait to see what hatches, what color are the others from?

In the Purple BS cock pen, I have one Purple BS hen and three Cameo hens, two of the hens are laying, one has layed three eggs and the other one a perch bomb that cracked.

The other pen is an IBBS split Cameo cock with four Cameo hens, two of which are split to either White or Pied, they have white flights. They gave me three eggs tonight, one was also a perch bomb that did not crack.

It could just be a juvenile, Norway rats are the same as Brown rats, which is what I have. They will grow to be almost twice that size (not counting the tail).
ep.gif
My cats have caught them in all different sizes. They are self sufficient at a pretty young age/small size, so maybe he just moved out and is setting up his own colony?
I don't know, it has been 3 months since the first time i saw him, they are still in the same size, and i think there is more of them.

I don't know, it has been 3 months since the first time i saw him, they are still in the same size, and i think there is more of them.

If it/they haven't gotten any bigger in 3 months then you are probably right, and it's not a Norway rat. What is it's tail like? I can't get a good look at the tail in the video. The Gerbil family seems to have a bit of a tuft of fur at the tip of the tail, rats do not.

If it/they haven't gotten any bigger in 3 months then you are probably right, and it's not a Norway rat. What is it's tail like? I can't get a good look at the tail in the video. The Gerbil family seems to have a bit of a tuft of fur at the tip of the tail, rats do not.
Its thin and short, here are some screen shots from the video:

I'm sure its not Gerbil, i have raised Gerbils in the past, they are smaller in size and fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom