2015 breeding season

Thank you, i hope so, i have done almost everything for them this year, i swear they are getting fed better than i do, LOL

Good luck with your peahen, hoping she will lay soon.
I'm starting to get impatient with my hen because sometimes she just sits in a dug out spot so I think she's on her nest and then she stands up and no egg. Or she will walk around like if she's going to lay an egg and then the next time I see her wings and tail is all together. She seems like she put on some weight to start brooding.

I'm starting to get impatient with my hen because sometimes she just sits in a dug out spot so I think she's on her nest and then she stands up and no egg. Or she will walk around like if she's going to lay an egg and then the next time I see her wings and tail is all together. She seems like she put on some weight to start brooding.
When they are allowed to lay outside the pen this is what they do, they will also make a decoy nest and lay one egg in it then go make a nest where they will lay a clutch, they will go to the decoy nest first sit and then when they think the coast is clear they will hot foot it to the other nest, also once they have laid all the eggs they are going to they sometimes pretend sit for a 2 to 3 days, they might sit all day long then fly up to the roost then the next day or two do the same thing till one day you find them sitting for a few days at a time before they take a break.

Be Patient they will come , she is just testing the area before she commits to laying there.

Sorry, I should have written that better. Got my first egg from a pen with one two year old hen, three yearling hens, two nine month old boys and two eleven month old boys.
big_smile.png

Got another egg, this one was from a pen with 7 hens and one two year old boy.

-Kathy

Congratulations! I hope I will be getting some eggs when I get back from an FFA trip. I hope I will get my first egg this weekend. Today I have an interview about my peafowl but they are limiting me to 10 minutes sadly. Tomorrow I get recognized for getting my State Degree and I compete in Nursery & Landscaping.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom