2015 breeding season

That is an amazing shot!
clap.gif

Pretty chickens are those black australorp? I don't know much about chickens, but I like learning the different breed names so that I know what I am looking at when I visit people who keep a menagerie of birds.

Pretty chickens are those black australorp? I don't know much about chickens, but I like learning the different breed names so that I know what I am looking at when I visit people who keep a menagerie of birds.
The hens are cochin mixes and the roo is a black langshan

Well darn I can't identify chickens!
lol.png

I certainly can't tell what is a mix or not. I know in that contest topic you and I won for the most striking domestic male fowl, there were some very striking roosters in that topic. I am not usually very interested in chickens but there were some nice looking ones on there for sure.

I can't believe some of you are already getting eggs. With the way it has been looking here, I think my peafowl will be right on schedule. The males have been displaying a bit, but it is more like practice for the breeding season. None of them are chasing hens or calling yet.

Well darn I can't identify chickens!
lol.png

I certainly can't tell what is a mix or not. I know in that contest topic you and I won for the most striking domestic male fowl, there were some very striking roosters in that topic. I am not usually very interested in chickens but there were some nice looking ones on there for sure.

I can't believe some of you are already getting eggs. With the way it has been looking here, I think my peafowl will be right on schedule. The males have been displaying a bit, but it is more like practice for the breeding season. None of them are chasing hens or calling yet.
My males did not start sparing till march the 2nd last year so they are a moth ahead in that department.

Turns out now my parents say I can only get one more pair of breeding peafowl. Looks like I'm getting only Whites. I still want BS but my parents are putting a limit on my peafowl. Dang I was so happy thinking I would start getting a moderate size flock of peafowl.

Turns out now my parents say I can only get one more pair of breeding peafowl. Looks like I'm getting only Whites. I still want BS but my parents are putting a limit on my peafowl. Dang I was so happy thinking I would start getting a moderate size flock of peafowl.
You got your entire life ahead of you, be glad they let you have what you do, what you learn from the peas you have now will help you when you get your own place and can have all the peafowl you can afford, i waited for decades to get my first peas it was well worth the wait IMO .
The peafowl you have now will give you many babies and something to make a bit of money with, perhaps once your folks see that they are not just more mouths to feed and that you can actually get something in return from them they may change their minds, show them what you can do
wink.png
'
Do you plan on going to collage?

You got your entire life ahead of you, be glad they let you have what you do, what you learn from the peas you have now will help you when you get your own place and can have all the peafowl you can afford, i waited for decades to get my first peas it was well worth the wait IMO .
 The peafowl you have now will give you many babies and something to make a bit of money with, perhaps once your folks see that they are not just more mouths to feed and that you can actually get something in return from them they may change their minds, show them what you can do ;) '
 Do you plan on going to collage? 

Yes. I'm going to University of Idaho. Since I just got my State FFA Degree Wednesday and I have a 3.7 GPA even though I'm a junior now I'm sure I can get some scholarships now since I got my State Degree. State Degree is the highest degree in FFA that you can get while in high school. I'm probably going to be a Vet Tech at least but get a 4 or 6 year degree that way incase I want to continue I only need 4 or 2 more years to be a Vet.

Back
Top Bottom