2015 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

This is ebony

Last edited:

This is Chanel No. 5. Originally I had 5 Comet chicks named after female astronomers. I kept forgetting what I'd called her so she became No. 5, and finally Chanel No. 5.

Henrietta is my biggest, fluffiest, and loudest girl. Her favorite treat is cherries. She taught me to never pluck a sleeping chicken from her roost. It is polite to wake her up first!

One of my peeps always wanted to sit on my shoulder, even when she got too big.

The male my daughter named, the president. He is one of the most passive rooster we have ever had.

Last edited:
Hi guys. A lot of great pictures so far. Let me give some advice so you can increase your chances. The advices are from personal experience and have nothing to do with the current competition and the rules set.
1. Avoid crop, changing the proportion of the picture. (leave that to the designer). There are printing rules and proportions set by today's cameras output.
2. Avoid color correction. (B&W conversion, adding a vignette, adding frames, borders etc.) ...leave that to the designer too.
3. Rule of thumb is that if something looks bad on your monitor (computer screen), it will look five times worse when printed.
You don't need hi-tech equipment guys. Most of the pictures that make impression over the internet for the past few years are made with phone or compact camera. As for me... this is not a competition. This is a great way of interacting with others who share the same passion. I wish you all luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom