2015 New York Chickenstock

I like thar boskelli. I didn't do my demo on processing as I didn't know if anyone brought a roo and who was interested. A set time for these things would be good. Food for thought. Nutty certainly has a nice setup for such a gathering and I can handle the drive.

I like thar boskelli. I didn't do my demo on processing as I didn't know if anyone brought a roo and who was interested. A set time for these things would be good. Food for thought. Nutty certainly has a nice setup for such a gathering and I can handle the drive.

I am very interested in learning the processing of chickens and the caponing. also. It might allow to keep Roos long enough to process them for meat. Instead of culling as soon as they have a "neighbor audible" crow.

I do believe that a timetable of events should be set up though . I would have liked to have seen the sheep shearing,just for the experience, however, it was almost over when I heard it was happening.

I like this idea

It is all dependent on the host, each situation is different. The host sets the boundaries because it is their home. When I hosted last year I offered people space for tent/ campers, I have lots of space. Specific times/places for events is a good idea. I plan on keeping it in mind for future use.

Just to let you know sonew123 plans on hosting an event in May next year. She is in the Adirondacks, way north from CNY.

Last edited:
Adding my 2 cents worth - if Nutty is nutty enough (
tongue.png
) to want to host Chickenstock, I would say 'go for it'. It is a central location, lots of room and a gracious family to host it. My only suggestion for improving it would be to have a schedule for demos' etc. Time ran away from me so I didn't do the bee keeping thing. So - if there was a scheduled time, people could plan accordingly. If the event ends up becoming 2x year, perhaps one of the events could be a 'moveable feast'?? Food for thought,
I agree. I was wanting to see both of your demonstrations. This is the second year that we miss it. If there was a schedule as to what time each demo happened that would be great.

thanks for hosting i know it took alot. the one suggestion i have is to have a schedule for whatever is planned for each year and stick to it. some folks tavel for hours to get there and have other responsibilities to et home to. So running late really goofs things up.

Adding my 2 cents worth - if Nutty is nutty enough :)P ) to want to host Chickenstock, I would say 'go for it'. It is a central location, lots of room and a gracious family to host it.   My only suggestion for improving it would be to have a schedule for demos' etc. Time ran away from me so I didn't do the bee keeping thing. So - if there was a scheduled time, people could plan accordingly. If the event ends up becoming 2x year, perhaps one of the events could be a 'moveable feast'??  Food for thought,

Time seemed so short at chicken stock. Just finding people we only know by screen name can be tough, then we get talking chickens or incubation or whatever and then oh yeah, who wanted that other iris... I was thinking about the demo thing quite a bit. I apologize for chickening out, but I Get a little freaked out about talking in front of a group & that the birds do scream and try to flop around and it's not real pleasant. I would be happy to discuss it tho in a small group.

But I was thinking that maybe setting a time for any of the demos might not be realistic. Now I am guilty of not finding the name tag station this year, but what if those of us that have stuff like beekeeping or processing or whatever also wore a tag that says, "Ask me about (beekeeping)" or whatever the potential demo is. Then if a conversation starts & enough people seem interested, a demo can be planned or done impromptu or just discussed. I am interested in beekeeping, but I'm not sure if I saw or spoke to u, boskelli. & I forgot about the potential beekeeping demo. I promise to wear a name tag at the next chicken stock, :p

It could even be part of our name tags, like "ask me about silkies or barnevelders or building hoop coops". Idk, just a thought. I found myself scouring my brain for the thread conversation that went w the screen name at the same time putting a face and a real name, meanwhile continuing to be my awkward self :/

Quote:It could even be part of our name tags, like "ask me about silkies or barnevelders or building hoop coops". Idk, just a thought. I found myself scouring my brain for the thread conversation that went w the screen name at the same time putting a face and a real name, meanwhile continuing to be my awkward self
hmm.png

.............I too was guilty of no name tag ...And Names need to be in markers for old folk like me to be able to read them ..LOL

Back
Top Bottom