Nuttyfrom6kids

Songster
6 Years
May 6, 2013
Upstate NY
Date: Saturday May 30th

Time: 11am until ?

Location. 5774 W. Ava Rd. Ava, NY 13303

Come one Come all! All are welcome to attend.

There will be a Chinese auction and potluck meal. Donations are welcome. I will keep a list of what is volunteered.
You are more than welcome to bring birds, eggs, or other things to sell. If bringing live animals please have them caged with food/water dishes. I have water on site to fill dishes. If you are buying or getting live animals please bring your own cage/box with water dish to bring them home. Please bring your own chair.
This is a rain or shine event. We will have a large garage to use if need be but if you have your own pop up tent please bring it if you can.

Last edited:
I watched one Alaska one for two episode - but they are so STUPID ... they never think ahead and then blame all wrecks on weather .... they are bumblers related to the singer Jewel and probably only playing at homesteading for the camera.

I get so mad - especially the way the chick handled the rifle and then her husband praising her for doing things wrong - but it is on TV so people my think that is good ?! BLAH !!!!

OMG - I hopped on a tangent !
gig.gif
Getting off that soapbox now ... I haven't had my coffee .....
old.gif

I meant to post that all the homesteading things I have read really only try to pump up the challenges in a fluffy telling of the tale way .... but they don't give any deep details that I have ever found helpful - they are more just personal stories .... I was hoping for tips that I could use at my place ... so if anyone knows of a book that mixes the story with real details - let me know.

Last edited:
Yep I got a bright yellow tent just to stand out in all the white tents !!! we can be a beacon

Look - there it is ....
ep.gif

I'll be joining Metella under the yellow tent, so we'll share a spot
smile.png

Last year the event was also open to the community and we all found each other just fine. Not sure if a lot of others showed up. I can bring name tags though as my thing to bring so we can all know who's who
smile.png
Well you won't have a hard time finding me. I'll leave the cat home. He just keeps interrupting my conversations anyhow. "Are the mouse burgers ready yet?" One time I caught him trying to bring a couple of floozies home. He's a bad cat.

tin_foil_hat_cat_man.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, Im definately coming to chickenstock. Cant sit on the fence forever. I will let you know what I will have available after I hatch out some silkies and heritage reds. I may have a few mutt chicks as I do have barred rocks in with the reds as well. They make black sexlinks which I can sex at hatch. Not sure yet what I am bringing foodwise. I will be looking for raw honey. PM me if you are looking for something specific or a specific quantity.

Welcome - we are here to you to come to terms with 'Chicken Math' and other such things.......:) :cd

And by "come to terms" we mean we will totally enable you. Be careful coming - we'll have you leaving with 3 dozen hatching eggs and a bunch of breeds you didn't even know you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom