2015 New York Chickenstock

I hope you all had a great time at chicken stock. My plans on attending landed in the gutter when my husband's car died and had to use mine for work. Bummed does not even describe how I felt.
On a brighter note, went to grab chick starter for my pullets and....saw some baby chicks. I asked what they were and they said silkies.
I was at the time, quite miffed since they were supposed to call me first when they came in! I missed out on the last batch, anyway, I'm super excited to get my babies. They are ADORABLE!

Adding my 2 cents worth - if Nutty is nutty enough (
tongue.png
) to want to host Chickenstock, I would say 'go for it'. It is a central location, lots of room and a gracious family to host it. My only suggestion for improving it would be to have a schedule for demos' etc. Time ran away from me so I didn't do the bee keeping thing. So - if there was a scheduled time, people could plan accordingly. If the event ends up becoming 2x year, perhaps one of the events could be a 'moveable feast'?? Food for thought,

I like this idea

It is all dependent on the host, each situation is different. The host sets the boundaries because it is their home. When I hosted last year I offered people space for tent/ campers, I have lots of space. Specific times/places for events is a good idea. I plan on keeping it in mind for future use.

Just to let you know sonew123 plans on hosting an event in May next year. She is in the Adirondacks, way north from CNY.

Last edited:
I would like to sign up to host an event! I live in NNY -- north of Syracuse by about 1 hour. 5.5 hours to NYC, 4 Hours to Buffalo, 2.5 hours to PA line by Binghamton.

You just let me know when its my year to host! I'd be more than happy too! Lots of space tents/campers is A.O.K!

Ok I think more than one chickenstock is great. I do plan on holding at least one a year every year here. I also am definitely having another in August. Chickenstock doesn't have to be only one event per year there can be numerous. So if others would like to host one please do just because I am hosting one yearly doesn't mean you can't.

As far as me insisting on having it no one said they were hosting before I did so I asked Tab if she was planning on it to which she said no and decided to host it.

I would like to schedule the demonstrations next time the problem was people didn't confirm what they were doing until late and some people cancelled due to there working.

Next time I would like to see lots more chicks brought for sale that was the biggest complaint was there was not enough chicks for sale.

Thank you everyone for bring food I did end up buying 6 boxes of burgers and 20lbs of hotdogs which was a good thing there definitely would not have been enough. If anyone wondered people who didn't bring a dish made a donation to the food bank to eat so they weren't eating the food for free

Donations to the food bank were as follows they received a total cash donation of $589 and 35 canned goods/non perishables . Thank you everyone that donated I know numerous families will appreciate it and the cash donation is being used to provide to needy families this Thanksgiving.

I would like to do a toy drive and food drive for Christmas at the one In August

Last edited:
Well now I can't commit at this time, but would like some Crested Cream legbars.  

I'd like to get some more ducks and hope there'll be money to have a small pond dug. 

I've got to come but can't say what DW will make to bring.  For Tabs we brought a box of burgers from Maines.  She made this potato dish she saw on the Pioneer woman show. It was pretty good. 

We do have some of those heat tray thingies. Probably should bring one.  

I will tentatively put you down :) I just need at least five weeks' notice on the ducks and four weeks' notice on the legbars, for hatching and egg collecting.

Would anyone be interested in me embedding a document in my post up there on the first page with a list of what we can all bring? I know last year it was a nightmare because after a time you can't edit your post and no one could go back and say what they had and whatnot and the only way to find what was for sale was to go back through the whole thread. If we did a document, it would all be right there on the front page, second post, for all to see.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom