2015 New York Chickenstock

I was wearing stripes & brought the polka dotted chickens. Guess I have a thing for patterns. It makes me so happy that several of my chicks went home w bycers. :) Here are some of the parents of the spitz chicks I brought.

Last edited:
Well DW has bought " hick" fabric for next year's Pron. Make that China Dr chin we chick fabric for next year's April, we apply, Dr apron. Next year's apron. Gotta love spell chin.

I was wearing stripes & brought the polka dotted chickens. Guess I have a thing for patterns. It makes me so happy that several of my chicks went home w bycers. :) Here are some of the parents of the spitz chicks I brought.

Beautiful! I loved your birds. I would have bought some from you but I had a standing order at gFF. The p.o. Lost them and they were d.o.a. And just replaced the week before Chickenstock. Wish I had known you were raising them locally .

How do you like the breed? Did they do well for you in the winter?

I just wanted to say that I had a very good time on Saturday! It was exciting to meet other BYC'ers out there ...and I enjoyed the conversations. I ended up coming home with MORE chicks than I had planned...isn't it always that way?
yippiechickie.gif
I'm looking forward to next year.
wee.gif

I would like to sign up to host an event! I live in NNY -- north of Syracuse by about 1 hour. 5.5 hours to NYC, 4 Hours to Buffalo, 2.5 hours to PA line by Binghamton.

You just let me know when its my year to host! I'd be more than happy too! Lots of space tents/campers is A.O.K!

Beautiful! I loved your birds. I would have bought some from you but I had a standing order at gFF. The p.o. Lost them and they were d.o.a. And just replaced the week before Chickenstock. Wish I had known you were raising them locally .

How do you like the breed? Did they do well for you in the winter?

Must have been rough to open the box & see the little guys doa. :( Even tho they're replaced, it's still rough to see. The GFF spitzes are really nice. Most of my silvers are half GFF. I love the breed. They're a little nervous as chicks, but then they calm down as they get to know u. They do very well w the winter & we live up on a windy hill. Love their colors & their personalities & then they give me eggs too:)

Ok I think more than one chickenstock is great. I do plan on holding at least one a year every year here. I also am definitely having another in August. Chickenstock doesn't have to be only one event per year there can be numerous. So if others would like to host one please do just because I am hosting one yearly doesn't mean you can't.

As far as me insisting on having it no one said they were hosting before I did so I asked Tab if she was planning on it to which she said no and decided to host it.

I would like to schedule the demonstrations next time the problem was people didn't confirm what they were doing until late and some people cancelled due to there working.

Next time I would like to see lots more chicks brought for sale that was the biggest complaint was there was not enough chicks for sale.

Thank you everyone for bring food I did end up buying 6 boxes of burgers and 20lbs of hotdogs which was a good thing there definitely would not have been enough. If anyone wondered people who didn't bring a dish made a donation to the food bank to eat so they weren't eating the food for free

Donations to the food bank were as follows they received a total cash donation of $589 and 35 canned goods/non perishables . Thank you everyone that donated I know numerous families will appreciate it and the cash donation is being used to provide to needy families this Thanksgiving.

I would like to do a toy drive and food drive for Christmas at the one In August

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom