2015 Pea Prices

Thing is..... I never have breeding age hens for sale at this time of year. I wish I did because we could do very well. And I feel sorry for the many callers I have to turn away, because they are generally pretty desperate to find a hen for a lone male. We all know the danger to nesting free range hens, and this is usually the scenario. However when you factor in how much you spend on feeding and meds, and treats, and bedding to raise them to breeding age, I doubt $200 is covering it.

So true! That is why we keep our day job.
he.gif

Thing is..... I never have breeding age hens for sale at this time of year. I wish I did because we could do very well. And I feel sorry for the many callers I have to turn away, because they are generally pretty desperate to find a hen for a lone male. We all know the danger to nesting free range hens, and this is usually the scenario. However when you factor in how much you spend on feeding and meds, and treats, and bedding to raise them to breeding age, I doubt $200 is covering it.
I almost never have birds for sale so last month I got a call from a guy looking for a peahen. Of course the scenario you mentioned is exactly what happened to his peahen. I definitely felt bad not having anything available but he is not all that close so I quickly pulled out a UPA breeder directory and gave him some contact info for breeders in his state.

It was a good sale day for me.
ya.gif
I sold three yearling cocks, one yearling hen, six IB eggs, and three two day old chicks. That leaves me with two yearling BS cocks, two yearling IB hens to sell. The rest of the birds I intend to sell have been spoken for by folks on this forum, so now I am mainly down to just four yearlings and eggs and chicks for sale. yay.

I didn't really mind that one couple was four hours late, since they didn't mind looking at birds in the pouring rain.

It was a good sale day for me.
ya.gif
I sold three yearling cocks, one yearling hen, six IB eggs, and three two day old chicks. That leaves me with two yearling BS cocks, two yearling IB hens to sell. The rest of the birds I intend to sell have been spoken for by folks on this forum, so now I am mainly down to just four yearlings and eggs and chicks for sale. yay.

I didn't really mind that one couple was four hours late, since they didn't mind looking at birds in the pouring rain.
Congratulations and may you have many many more good sales.

I know this is probably not the best time of year for this.. but does anyone have eggs available. .well I should rephrase thst..will anyone have eggs available in a couple weeks? I don't care about color, I just hope to hatch a couple out for eye candy and their songs.. I love hearing one call..yes, I like guineas for their noise too ;)
I'm located in WV and would have to have them shipped. .thanks in advance for any info.. I did start a thread asking if there was a breeder list some where thst I was overlooking..

I know this is probably not the best time of year for this.. but does anyone have eggs available. .well I should rephrase thst..will anyone have eggs available in a couple weeks? I don't care about color, I just hope to hatch a couple out for eye candy and their songs.. I love hearing one call..yes, I like guineas for their noise too
wink.png

I'm located in WV and would have to have them shipped. .thanks in advance for any info.. I did start a thread asking if there was a breeder list some where thst I was overlooking..
I think @DylansMom might have some later this year.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom