2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics
If it isn't walking flat footed in the morning put shoes on it.

I'm really worried now, it's having problems keeping it's wings close, moving it's legs out it is literally army crawling around and the toes are flat. How do you make shoes just tape their toes apart. I keep getting a peachick with curly toes every year. This year I put more protein and calcium, and the chick hatched within a 24 hour period. Could this be genetic. If this is genetic I think I need a new male since the only things that has remained the same is the male.

On the happier side another egg is hatching. Hoping for no defects like this one.

hi everyone ive been breeding chickens for around 4 years and have just won some pea fowl eggs, ive been reading your threads today, really enjoyed them, my question is should i incubate in my rcom 20 or use a broody i have she is sitting on egg on day 10, im sure ive read somewhere its a good idea to let a hen sit on pea eggs for the first week, then use the incubator to finish them off if they are any good, would really like your thoughts
idunno.gif

hi everyone ive been breeding chickens for around 4 years and have just won some pea fowl eggs, ive been reading your threads today, really enjoyed them, my question is should i incubate in my rcom 20 or use a broody i have she is sitting on egg on day 10, im sure ive read somewhere its a good idea to let a hen sit on pea eggs for the first week, then use the incubator to finish them off if they are any good, would really like your thoughts
idunno.gif
I would leave them under her.

-Kathy

I'm really worried now, it's having problems keeping it's wings close, moving it's legs out it is literally army crawling around and the toes are flat. How do you make shoes just tape their toes apart. I keep getting a peachick with curly toes every year. This year I put more protein and calcium, and the chick hatched within a 24 hour period. Could this be genetic. If this is genetic I think I need a new male since the only things that has remained the same is the male.

On the happier side another egg is hatching. Hoping for no defects like this one.

I really need some help. I want to try and prevent the problem from happening and try and figure out how I can try to help the chick. There's just so many things wrong with it I don't know what I can do.

Back
Top Bottom