2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics

Kedreeva

Longfeather Lane
13 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
I started a thread for a non-chicken eggs hatch-a-long in the egg hatching forum (in case you want to join in), but I'd like a 2015 peafowl hatch thread to keep track of what everyone's currently incubating/expecting or already hatched this year!

Feel free to post parent pics, fresh egg pics, shipped eggs pics, incubator pics, candling pics, broody pics, hatching pics, and hatched chicks pics!

I'll start us off with my current incubator load:

And the (hopefully) daddy:

Though it won't ruffle my tailfeathers any if my young opal is the dad. He'll be two years old in a little over a month.

HELLLOW ANY ONE?
after how many days of mate peahen laid her first egggg.. .

Hello Aami!! Congrats on your first egg!

My first egg self destructed in the incubator, but I have more set to hatch next weekend! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks Kedreeva .
Is that good to incubate the peahen eggs under broody hen?

I started a thread for a non-chicken eggs hatch-a-long in the egg hatching forum (in case you want to join in), but I'd like a 2015 peafowl hatch thread to keep track of what everyone's currently incubating/expecting or already hatched this year!

Feel free to post parent pics, fresh egg pics, shipped eggs pics, incubator pics, candling pics, broody pics, hatching pics, and hatched chicks pics!

I'll start us off with my current incubator load:

And the (hopefully) daddy:

Though it won't ruffle my tailfeathers any if my young opal is the dad. He'll be two years old in a little over a month.
fl.gif
sending you good hatching vibes can't wait to see your babies
love.gif

Glad to find you "guys" here. I set 3 of my IB eggs Friday. Keeping temps at 100 and humidity at 47% roughly. I also received 7 eggs from a fellow BYC member and have 1 additional of my own so far for this next batch. I'm expecting to get 1 more this evening as my hen has layed every other day.

Surprised the shipped eggs just came from next state over but all have detached air cells. Though not horribly. I've seen worse. They are resting at the moment and I'll set them tonight after gathering.

Glad to find you "guys" here. I set 3 of my IB eggs Friday. Keeping temps at 100 and humidity at 47% roughly. I also received 7 eggs from a fellow BYC member and have 1 additional of my own so far for this next batch. I'm expecting to get 1 more this evening as my hen has layed every other day.

Surprised the shipped eggs just came from next state over but all have detached air cells. Though not horribly. I've seen worse. They are resting at the moment and I'll set them tonight after gathering.
What colors are your shipped eggs?

-Kathy

IB male over IB, Pied and IB BS. She couldn't remember the color if the BS but she looks very similar to mine.

I really want pied which I know I won't get from that pairing but I just figured since I was setting eggs and they weren't coming too far I'd try them.

Back
Top Bottom