2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

I added one more from my 3 year old split white pair last night, so up to 21.
big_smile.png
Sadly most came from pens with yearling and two year old males, so I doubt many of them are fertile.
idunno.gif

-Kathy

I have been reading and reading driving myself batty trying to figure out the best way to incubate minus a broody! Very similar to most things different ways work for different folks so I guess I'll just have to hope I have a few make it!

The batch I'll be setting tonight of 9 will have 2 of my own for shipping vs. not for comparison. I'll also be using my homemade bator for them. So lots of variables but for now just trying to get the right humidity in it before I set them. Temps are good. I've changed back and forth trying to decide if I want to set these at 100.5 or just at the 100 mark.

I just set 2 of mine as well as the 2 shipped ones with the jiggly and rolling air cells. We'll see what happens?

I just set 2 of mine as well as the 2 shipped ones with the jiggly and rolling air cells. We'll see what happens?

How long did you let the shipped rest? Are you immediately turning also? I know I've had good luck with shipped chickens eggs by resting/not turning during the first few days of incubating but with all the discussions around the importance of turning the pea eggs so often I'm guessing I should just treat them as normal and gamble

I added one more from my 3 year old split white pair last night, so up to 21.
big_smile.png
Sadly most came from pens with yearling and two year old males, so I doubt many of them are fertile.
idunno.gif

-Kathy

I'm sorry to be rude! @DylansMom ! @casportpony could you please check your PM's ! Thank you! I really need you! JPB

How long did you let the shipped rest? Are you immediately turning also? I know I've had good luck with shipped chickens eggs by resting/not turning during the first few days of incubating but with all the discussions around the importance of turning the pea eggs so often I'm guessing I should just treat them as normal and gamble

I actually decided to rest them point down for several days, they arrived Friday and I set them today. I wanted to get a couple of my own eggs to go with them as I fear the one will be a non-starter, I don't want a solo chick. I have also decided I am not turning at all for a few days, and maybe then I'll only tip them back and forth a little. I did a bunch of shipped eggs last year, with minimal turning on the bad air cells, some were successful many were not, but I don't think the lack of turning is the major concern.

Back
Top Bottom