2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

Pics
I set 2 of the decoy eggs and had 100% hatch rate!! ;) Small # i know but i like the way it sounds!

She was then sitting on 5 and after week 2 I took them and am finishing them in the bator. All 5 are alive and well after week 3 ish...my bad for not marking the date...but I'm looking forward to sharing more pics soon!

What humidity rates are working for hatching pea eggs? 40-50% during incubation and 60-70% at lockdown? I heard a rumor about letting the humidity spike up into the 90s helps, but I can't find any info to back that up.

What humidity rates are working for hatching pea eggs? 40-50% during incubation and 60-70% at lockdown? I heard a rumor about letting the humidity spike up into the 90s helps, but I can't find any info to back that up.

I'm in Indiana and not much of humidity recent to speak of til late but the most recent 2 I hatched I did it with Muscovy eggs that I must daily after day 10 and no water in the bator. I didn't have a gauge in there but I would guess on average of 26% then I added a bit of water at lockdown which probably brought it to 45%. I've found its easier for hatching with less humidity. That's just been my experience.

I have always done 50% give or take a little, and then on day 25 I add wet paper towels and wicking pads and try to get it as high as possible for the last 3 days or so.

I can't seem to hatch in an incubator but if mine keep laying like crazy I may have to give it a shot. My hens are at capacity and I have a LOT of broody hens! Just bantams......

Back
Top Bottom