2015 Peafowl Hatching Support Group - Eggs and Chicks!

I have a question about hatching pea eggs. I love this forum and have learned so very much here!

I've had a few pea eggs get all the way to almost hatch and then no external pip. I start them under broody chickens for a week or two, then they go into a brinsea advance w turner on their sides, at 99.5F w/ 50% hum. I turn them 3x/day in addition. End of day 23, early day 24 the go into a hovabator to hatch at 98.4F w/ 62-71% hum. I have 5 viable eggs due to hatch next week. Any hints, tips or suggestions? Thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?
View attachment 1066961
I think the one on far left is malpositioned, but the other 2 look like they should've hatched to me.

All three look like they have might have their beaks over their wing.

They're backwards to me... :confused:

Not sure if it's different with peas, but my hatches beaks are facing the opposite direction...

Here are more pics:

IMG_3448.JPG

IMG_3451.JPG
IMG_3452.JPG IMG_3453.JPG

The two on the left (first 2 close ups) were laid here and the one on the right (last close up) was shipped up here from FL.

Attachments

• IMG_3447.JPG
    IMG_3447.JPG
    349.7 KB · Views: 5
Here are more pics:

View attachment 1066982

View attachment 1066983
View attachment 1066986 View attachment 1066987

The two on the left (first 2 close ups) were laid here and the one on the right (last close up) was shipped up here from FL.
The far left peachick, smaller chick is under developed. It probably died between three and 4 weeks. The far right egg shell is really red/pink. All of the shell membranes I have from successful hatches are an off white with yellow not red/pink. I'm not entirely sure what caused them to die though.

Not sure if it's different with peas, but my hatches beaks are facing the opposite direction...
I think you're right... the two bigger ones on the right look like they are what I call "head over left wing", but the smaller one looks like it's head over right wing? And the smaller one didn't absorb it's yolk.

Sorry for your losses. can you take picture of them out of the shell?

I think you're right... the two bigger ones on the right look like they are what I call "head over left wing", but the smaller one looks like it's head over right wing? And the smaller one didn't absorb it's yolk.
Do u think the eggs were turned too much?

Back
Top Bottom