2016 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics

Yeah, for the first few weeks of Pastey's life he had pasty butt, so that's how the name stuck. Everyday he got a quick run under the kitchen sink, then a smear of vaseline so it wouldn't stick. Didn't suspect he was a roo until his comb started getting bigger than the other girls, and still was not completely sure until he started crowing. Out of 30 chicks (10 black australorp's, 10 GL Wyandottes and 10 Cuckoo Marans), two turned out to be boys. My other roo's name is Butch, because one day my DH commented that one Cuckoo was looking a little butch, so that's how he got his name :).

Yeah, for the first few weeks of Pastey's life he had pasty butt, so that's how the name stuck. Everyday he got a quick run under the kitchen sink, then a smear of vaseline so it wouldn't stick. Didn't suspect he was a roo until his comb started getting bigger than the other girls, and still was not completely sure until he started crowing. Out of 30 chicks (10 black australorp's, 10 GL Wyandottes and 10 Cuckoo Marans), two turned out to be boys. My other roo's name is Butch, because one day my DH commented that one Cuckoo was looking a little butch, so that's how he got his name :).
thumbsup.gif
Thought so. I love it when the chickens offer us the perfect name for themselves.

Heel low:

Lotsa lovely entries...dig those Campine cockerels, eh!
big_smile.png

FishStxy - July 30, 2015

She's a barn fresh, scooped off the roost, F2 Golden Laced Bantam Wyandotte Hen that jest so happens to lay some mighty fine quality cackleberries too.

Gold gals ROCK!
woot.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins
Higgins Rat Ranch Conservation Farm, Alberta, Canada

Heel low:

big_smile.png

FishStxy - July 30, 2015

She's a barn fresh, scooped off the roost, F2 Golden Laced Bantam Wyandotte Hen that jest so happens to lay some mighty fine quality cackleberries too.

Gold gals ROCK!
woot.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

She's a beauty!

Heel low:

Second entry...

December 5, 2014

Thriving in the Great White North...a Partridge Standard Chantecler hen.

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

Heel low:

Second entry...

December 5, 2014

Thriving in the Great White North...a Partridge Standard Chantecler hen.

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

Wow, that's an awesome looking bird and I love the snowy farm feel of it.

Heel low:

big_smile.png

FishStxy - July 30, 2015

Gold gals ROCK!
woot.gif

Doggone & Chicken UP!

Tara Lee Higgins

That is a beautiful chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom