2016 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
smile.png
These pictures are fabulous! Great pics everyone!

I talked my friend into getting "silkied seramas," years ago. She wanted a silkie pullet and couldn't find any. I told her about seramas being so tiny and that they had silkied ones.

I assumed as did she, they would have the plush silkie feathering. NOPE, just very straight thin feathers. She was not happy with them for the longest time until she had a few losses of actual silkies. I reminded her how robust her seramas were.

My condolences. I have been there and feel your pain, but the very next day, I got Wily, or whatever his name was. He will no longer be bothering us.

I lift the neck feathers up and make a "j" shape with the velcro using my thumb and pointer finger. Then I fold it around their neck making sure that it's skin tight with very little wiggle room. They will fight and try to get it off once they have it on but they will get used to it. You could always make it looser so they get used to to it first before you make it tighter.
Thank you. Hopefully I can get it right & not choke them out. lol

They are so funny to listen to with the collar on. Just a heads up for anyone new to the collar. .I put one on my young rooster. I had it so he still crowed but quieter. He was fine with it for awhile but he started to develops some spots on his comb. I originally had it so one finger could slip in comfortably. Well he grew a little and it got tighter. Just keep an eye out, so iur little guys stay safe and healthy.

I love this thread! So many wonderful pictures!

They are so funny to listen to with the collar on. Just a heads up for anyone new to the collar. .I put one on my young rooster. I had it so he still crowed but quieter. He was fine with it for awhile but he started to develops some spots on his comb. I originally had it so one finger could slip in comfortably. Well he grew a little and it got tighter. Just keep an eye out, so iur little guys stay safe and healthy.

I love this thread! So many wonderful pictures!

What kind of spots did he get? My cockerel turns a little purple in the face when he is releasing the air but then he is fine. Are you sure the collar caused it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom