2016 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Westies can only be white but, I think Scotties are allowed to be wheaten color. You know a lot of Scotties have made it to the White house - Only in America - right?

Scotty Terrier, there are several "DOG" threads on BYC, off dpn't remember the names but if you put 'dog thread' in the search box they should pop up.

By chance was she white? Seems like all of the Westie's I've seen have been white. ?

I think Westies can only be white but, I think Scotties are allowed to be wheaten color. You know a lot of Scotties have made it to the White house - Only in America - right?

Westies are white. In fact their full name is "West Highland White Terrier". Wonderful breed, active, loyal, playful, smart. They're also stubborn, once they get an idea in their head, it's hard to distract them. Their grooming needs are minimal and they hardly shed at all. She wasn't a lap sitter but she loved to be close to wherever her family was. Her best friend was my son's old Persian cat and she mourned for weeks when the cat passed. My girl never seemed to age until her last couple of years, until then she was just like a young girl. She was the sweetest dog I've ever had.

yup! Westies are only white.

Fun fact - it wasn't until the early 1900s or so that there were no westies or cairn terrier there was only Scottish and Skye terriers. The westie and cairn were recognized as Scottish terriers. There was just too much diversity in the breed that around then the Scottie split off into westie and cairn terrier.

I think now the westie is probably the most popular of all of those breeds because from what I understand they are less aggressive than Scotties but just as cute. Before we got our Scottie Henry neutered he wanted to fight every single dog at the dog park. there are still times you do not bother him or he can snap at you like when he's sleeping or around food or treats. He also has a thing about trying to fight large breed puppies still.

Last edited:
My cousin has 2 Cairn Terriers and they are fun little dogs. One of her dogs is wheaten and the other black. I believe Toto from the Wizard of Oz was a Cairn.

clap.gif
congrats!
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom