2016 Pacific Poultry Breeders Association Show in MODESTO Saturday, Jan 30th- 31st

One Chick Two

Songster
Jun 13, 2013
Hi! If you're in California, put the 69th Annual Modesto winter show on your not-to-miss list. This will be a huge year for this show. There are some excellent judges and breeders that will be attending this time.

Pacific Poultry Breeder's Association is hosting the National Meet of the American Poultry Association. Additionally, many of the large chicken clubs will be having a Special Meet, Regional meet, District Meet or California State Meet. There will also be a Serama Table Top Show, with lots of activities for kids, with sales booths, and a chicken sale area that often has hatching eggs too.

For show entries, ENTRY POSTMARK MONDAY JANUARY 9, 2016.

Also, the Marans Chicken club will be hosting an egg show at this show. If you have Marans, and would like to enter this show, please PM me, and I'll send you the contact information. Marans egg entries have to be submitted by All entries must be received by (correction) Wednesday, January 27th., so don't wait to enter!

Your first entry is $5 and each additional is $2.50. There will be prizes and glory for the top three entries.

Here's a video I took of last year's show. If you are sensitive to noise, I suggest wearing earplugs. lol

Who else is going?

Last edited:
I will be showing several birds at this show. This is the show to go see if you want to see lots of birds you don't normally see. We are predicting 3500 to 4000 birds entered in the show and several hundred in the sales area.

Walt

I will be showing several birds at this show. This is the show to go see if you want to see lots of birds you don't normally see. We are predicting 3500 to 4000 birds entered in the show and several hundred in the sales area.

Walt

Wow! Excellent news Walt. It is sounding like this is going to be an amazing event.

What will you be showing?

That's exciting! Last year the sales section wasn't too exciting so fingers crossed for some good birds this year.

Agreed- Sale offerings were slim last year- however, it wasn't a State/ Regional meet year either so many breeders and sellers didn't bother.

However, the year before it was pretty nice at the other venue. I am considering bringing some Black Copper Marans pullets and possibly a cockerel for sale. Probably can't swing staying away for a weekend or driving twice to Modesto, so I probably can't work out showing any birds unfortunately.

Wow! Excellent news Walt. It is sounding like this is going to be an amazing event.

What will you be showing?

New Hampshire large fowl, maybe a Shamo female, 6 or so Ko Shamo's, white Leghorn bantams, Cornish bantams, white Runner ducks, East Indie ducks, Call ducks, Mallards, Egyptian geese and some other odds and ends. 30 to 50 birds all together.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom