2016 Pacific Poultry Breeders Association Show in MODESTO Saturday, Jan 30th- 31st

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by One Chick Two, Jan 2, 2016.

1. curious chickee

curious chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

I will be going, my daughter is doing showmanship and showing her buff brahma bantams.

2. h2oratt

h2oratt Chicken Obsessed

May 3, 2015
    Morada, california
    Wow this sounds exciting. We should have a way of identifying each other. I am just going to soak up information. I want to find a chicken breed I love.
    Chickens are so interesting.

3. fowlman01

fowlman01 Overrun With Chickens

Sep 2, 2010
    Sonoma County CA
    I am pretty sure that you will find more than one breed to love at this show.

Walt

1 person likes this.
  4. curious chickee

curious chickee Chillin' With My Peeps

That is why I have my layer flock, for all the eye candy breeds,the ones so pretty but not enough space to breed.

5. chiqita

chiqita Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2011
    San Jose, Ca
    I'm going, it looks to be an exciting year! I love looking for eggs at the show. I might try to bring some non chicken friends to show them the crazy variety out there. Does anyone know if we are going to plan a BYC meet up? Ill be out of town right before so i'm checking if i need to organize times early.

6. h2oratt

h2oratt Chicken Obsessed

May 3, 2015
    Morada, california
    I am in for a meetup. How do we plan it?

Julie

7. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

x2! I'd love to do a meetup.

8. h2oratt

h2oratt Chicken Obsessed

May 3, 2015
    Morada, california
    Should we meet in the buying barn? Maybe we could help each other show restraint.

9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Also, anyone know if any Sicilian Buttercup breeders will be there? I lost my girl Misty last night to a fox. Hoping to get another Buttercup soon; she was the first of the breed I had and I was impressed by how hardy and wild she was. She had excellent flying ability and seemed to be a very good forager. Plus I can't resist a bird with a funny comb.

10. One Chick Two

One Chick Two Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2013
    You will see birds there that will knock your socks off. It's the crowing you'll never forget! lol

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by