2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

Hello! I've hatched 2 babies already this month, a buff Orpington and a silver penciled rock. I'm curious to see how this little brown baby will turn silver.

I also have 2 Swedish flower eggs in the incubator. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them, but I had issues with the incubator temp fluctuating more than 1 degree and it tended to go too low. I had them in a hovabator with a fan, but I moved them to my brinsea once the others hatched. They are in lockdown now.

Hello! I've hatched 2 babies already this month, a buff Orpington and a silver penciled rock. I'm curious to see how this little brown baby will turn silver.

I also have 2 Swedish flower eggs in the incubator. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them, but I had issues with the incubator temp fluctuating more than 1 degree and it tended to go too low. I had them in a hovabator with a fan, but I moved them to my brinsea once the others hatched. They are in lockdown now.
low is better than high, maybe a day late

good Luck!!!

What a cute chick!

awweee praying both babies get better fast! 7 was my lucky number this hatch only lost 3 so i think i had a successful hatch
smile.png
im proud that i didnt totally bomb out on my first go around!

Thank you and GOOD news!! when will you set again> ?

Sally, congrats on all the hatching!
I just prayed for you and your daughter and puppy. May God give you strength and give the doctors wisdom.
thank you so much

Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers hugs to you all

Thank you and GOOD news!! when will you set again> ?

thank you so much

Thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers hugs to you all 
i actually have a duck egg due the 31st it was part of my first set didnt think nothing about them taking longer lol but i have a whole new batch of duck eggs i set the 15th and chickens that i set the 21st coming along as well and two duck eggs from my little black duck that i set the 21st so i have a whole bunch of dues dates i kinda went over board lol but im hlad i set the 2 black duck eggs because she come up missing today i cant find her any where :(( ive been looking since dinner time for her and so have my other ducks i just dont know what happened or where she went :((

Has anybody here bought hatching eggs from ebay? They have great low prices and I was very interested and just curious (and getting addicted!)

I have bought turkey and chicken eggs in the past. Best hatch was 8 of a dozen turkey. But 12 out of 5 dozen turkey. 3 chicks out 3 dozen chicken eggs.

A couple batches didn't seem fertile no development.

This year I got 150 bobwhite quail eggs hatched 60.

My luck with shipped eggs isn't the best. Shipped eggs can be rough.

But if it's a breed you want and can't source locally I'd say go for it.

Did you decide on an incubator yet?

Back
Top Bottom