2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

thank you :) im one excited momma
I bet you are!
wink.png
I would be :)

Oh my goodness, they are so adorable Cuz! :th :love I bet those new chicks will be just as cute!

Thanks! This next batch is mutts, and I can not wait to see all the different colors!

So great news, my last egg just hatched this morning. 3 weeks ago, 5 eggs.... today 5 chicks! :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy
I was NOT expecting them to all survive my first time doing this. I made so many mistakes, but somehow they all made it! I'm beyond happy! 
Good luck to everyone still waiting for their eggs to hatch, I hope you get the same results I did! :fl

Wow, great job! Your first hatch rate....something you never get a second chance at, and you aced it! Awesome :highfive:

Thanks! This next batch is mutts, and I can not wait to see all the different colors!
Wow, great job! Your first hatch rate....something you never get a second chance at, and you aced it! Awesome
highfive.gif
Thanks, I have 4 in the incubator now, to hatch around the last week of February. Not expecting another 100% hatch!
hu.gif
Oy, this is addicting.

Hello, I didn't have the best hatch recently. All 20 of my chicken eggs were developing just fine but on hatch day only 9 hatched. After the hatch ended I candled the other eggs and they didn't even have an internal pip. I believe that the air sacs were great, if anything a tiny bit too big. The only thing bad about the hatch was that it was just over 12 hours late. Any Ideas on what could have happened??? This happened to me lots last year also.

I also had to lower the humidity on day 15 to regulate the egg sac size.

Last edited:
When you had to lower humidity on day 15 that is probably to late in the cycle.

Try running less humidity during incubation.

12 hours late I give til day 23 and I had them hatch from day 20 til 23 all set at the same time. If the vast majority hatched around the 21st day I wouldn't do anything temp. Wise.
Hello, I didn't have the best hatch recently. All 20 of my chicken eggs were developing just fine but on hatch day only 9 hatched. After the hatch ended I candled the other eggs and they didn't even have an internal pip. I believe that the air sacs were great, if anything a tiny bit too big. The only thing bad about the hatch was that it was just over 12 hours late. Any Ideas on what could have happened??? This happened to me lots last year also.

[COLOR=333333]I also had to lower the humidity on day 15 to regulate the egg sac size.[/COLOR]

Back
Top Bottom