2017 Groundhog Day Hatch-a-long!

i dont have a pond
smile.png
i have a plastic kiddo pool from walmart that they swin im and some black rubber tubs from tractor supply that i use during the winter for them
smile.png
I had one of those large black plastic ponds for the ducks. It was just way too much to clean up after 6 ducks. And I had to keep them in a pen, not free range, as they weren't friendly enough. That's why we switched to chickens because the chickens would come back.

Hello, I didn't have the best hatch recently. All 20 of my chicken eggs were developing just fine but on hatch day only 9 hatched. After the hatch ended I candled the other eggs and they didn't even have an internal pip. I believe that the air sacs were great, if anything a tiny bit too big. The only thing bad about the hatch was that it was just over 12 hours late. Any Ideas on what could have happened??? This happened to me lots last year also.

I also had to lower the humidity on day 15 to regulate the egg sac size.
I would give it a few more days, can't hurt. It all depends on your incubator, whether you had temperature or humidity fluctuations, or the readings were off. I had my humidity at 50% for the first 18 days and 65-75% the last three. I had two thermometers. the one on the bottom of the incubator read 98˚F and the one on top of the eggs read 101˚ I don't know what else could have gone wrong. Give it a little longer?

Last edited:
I would give it a few more days, can't hurt. It all depends on your incubator, whether you had temperature or humidity fluctuations, or the readings were off. I had my humidity at 50% for the first 18 days and 65-75% the last three. I had two thermometers. the one on the bottom of the incubator read 98˚F and the one on top of the eggs read 101˚ I don't know what else could have gone wrong. Give it a little longer?
I gave them till day 24. Another hatch is due to hatch in 11 days.

Hello, I didn't have the best hatch recently. All 20 of my chicken eggs were developing just fine but on hatch day only 9 hatched. After the hatch ended I candled the other eggs and they didn't even have an internal pip. I believe that the air sacs were great, if anything a tiny bit too big. The only thing bad about the hatch was that it was just over 12 hours late. Any Ideas on what could have happened??? This happened to me lots last year also.

I also had to lower the humidity on day 15 to regulate the egg sac size.
Oh, I am so sorry!

my hatch failed! most were dead from day 8, but one had piped internally but was not ready to come out of the egg.(I did eggtopsy on them all.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom