2018 Babies!

If you're not opposed to hatchery birds, I got some Partridge Silkies a few years back from Purely Poultry that I was happy with. :D

OOOH!!!! Thank you for the recommendation! :bow I assume the Sultans and Buffs are coming from a hatchery (I do MPC). I'll check out Purely Poultry! :celebrate

I am definitely interested in adding some ducks to the flock. I've been looking into the Welsh Harlequins and Saxony's.

I really shouldn't get more chickens but I would love some Silkies. And possibly some Easter Eggers. I would really love some colorful eggs to add to my variety.

Careful with bantam EE's...awesome blue and green colored eggs but they lay very very infrequently. I get them maybe a few weeks in the Spring and that's it. :hmm

I am definitely interested in adding some ducks to the flock. I've been looking into the Welsh Harlequins and Saxony's.

I really shouldn't get more chickens but I would love some Silkies. And possibly some Easter Eggers. I would really love some colorful eggs to add to my variety.
I've always liked Welshies too, but I'm ready to try something new with the Saxony's. Both are beautiful!

OOOH!!!! Thank you for the recommendation! :bow I assume the Sultans and Buffs are coming from a hatchery (I do MPC). I'll check out Purely Poultry! :celebrate
Very welcome! They seem to have a nice selection although I haven't gone through them in the last couple of years. No negative experiences. I've just been very happy with Cackle that I've been ordering from them lately. :) I've never ordered from MPC. I'm gonna have to think about it though. I like their selection of rarer breeds. :D

Fun thread!
After my flock got decimated this past fall I've had a lot of time to think about what to do with the 'fresh start' I've been given, and so I ended up placing a very specific order that will include Self Blue and Blue Cochins, Cuckoo Marans, Faverolles, EEs, Polish, Sussex, and if I'm lucky a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte. Props to the nice lady in charge of special orders at my local feed store for putting up with me :)
Sounds like a great mix! Might want to check out welsummers--I don't have any, but their eggs are supposed to be dark-ish. Not as much as Marans, though.

My 2018 Chick are arriving :) I am ecstatic.. I ordered me some c.marans the other day, decided to chance it with some surprise chicks :) Well a surprise they are... Nothing I have ever had before.. The adventures begin :) Here are a few pics <3 27292022_10215610343792183_1716474459_n.jpg C.marans 5 belong to me 5 to my sister :)

The Surprise ones
27329755_10215610347592278_1669883193_o.jpg 27330481_10215610345352222_1946369409_o.jpg 27398701_10215610344792208_886429633_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom