2018 Babies!

I have 8 Silkies and just hatched 9 (1/18/18) from my flock and have another 12 eggs in the bator at the moment. I would really like to add d’uccles, Chicken math is real .
19DE4927-7ED2-4F89-8168-AD111E56AE78.png
927D48CF-7DF4-4E3E-B0E2-E2447A8C7A1C.jpeg
C1B5CAF5-37FB-4D6C-A3A4-C3CE912F6F40.jpeg
C8881727-4220-4028-A4E0-6BA6A45FAB8B.jpeg

I am getting Mottled Breda Fowl, Rose Combed White Dorkings, and Basque Hens. I have a dozen Swedish Flower Hens in the incubator too.

Oh boy....I'm getting chick fever now. I've got a Blue Cochin on some eggs now! Just set them, so I guess she's officially "pregnant". :D:jumpy

Attachments

• 00B25564-DE55-4DBD-B385-ED6602C8BA65.jpeg
    00B25564-DE55-4DBD-B385-ED6602C8BA65.jpeg
    826.3 KB · Views: 5
I have a special order comming by way of the local feed store that orders from privett on March 2nd
5 barnevelder s.r
5 dark cornish s.r
5 buckeye s.r
5 white laced red cornish s.r
30 black austrlorp pullet (some for a friend)
These are all new breeds to me so I am super excited!
I also have some barnyard mix ducks set to hatch at the same time along with Dark Brown eggs from my own flock and a couple turkey eggs for a friend. The friend will be taking the turkeys and chicks that I hatch, but with any luck he will have more turkey eggs to set around the time these hatch.
Oh and I just set my breeding pens up so that I will have rir cross eggs ready to go in to hatch for easter..... lol

I have a special order comming by way of the local feed store that orders from privett on March 2nd
5 barnevelder s.r
5 dark cornish s.r
5 buckeye s.r
5 white laced red cornish s.r
30 black austrlorp pullet (some for a friend)
These are all new breeds to me so I am super excited!
I also have some barnyard mix ducks set to hatch at the same time along with Dark Brown eggs from my own flock and a couple turkey eggs for a friend. The friend will be taking the turkeys and chicks that I hatch, but with any luck he will have more turkey eggs to set around the time these hatch.
Oh and I just set my breeding pens up so that I will have rir cross eggs ready to go in to hatch for easter..... lol

I don't suppose that feed store would be NC Feeder's Supply? Because I special ordered some babies from there for pickup the same day (actually, I'm picking them up the 3rd, but they'll be arriving the 2nd.) If so, how cool! If not, that's cool too! Feed stores that let you make special orders are the best.

Wow, that's a lot! I've heard great things about barnevelder and buckeye- I'd love to see pictures/ hear about your experiences with them when they arrive. And white laced cornish sound gorgeous. Are you as impatient for their arrival as I am? :gig

I plan on Australorps, Black Sex Links, and Partridge Rocks. Maybe a few Cochin Bantams too.
I have Australorps and they are wonderful. They lay daily (even in the winter months) and are very intelligent quick learners.

I plan on getting EEs this year! I have never had any and currently have 1 RIR, 1 BO roo, 1 Australorp roo, 2 PBR hens and 6 Australorp hens. The roos are still younger so they are not fighting yet over he hens.. hence me getting more lol.

I don't suppose that feed store would be NC Feeder's Supply? Because I special ordered some babies from there for pickup the same day (actually, I'm picking them up the 3rd, but they'll be arriving the 2nd.) If so, how cool! If not, that's cool too! Feed stores that let you make special orders are the best.

Wow, that's a lot! I've heard great things about barnevelder and buckeye- I'd love to see pictures/ hear about your experiences with them when they arrive. And white laced cornish sound gorgeous. Are you as impatient for their arrival as I am? :gig
Lol colorado...... producers co-op but sounds like the stores are simular:)
Actually I work for them but in the tire department :idunno

Edited to add..... I have read a lot about the buckeyes and barnevelders so I thought why not try....... they will be "gasp" hatchery stock..... but everything I have ever owned was so? I was very excited to see that i could special order them from my feed store as chicks for a better price than I could order eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom