2018 NY Chickenstock

Pics
Well now I'd know that I can come, but I will mark my calendar and plan for it. Hope others do the same. Now if I can't come I can donate some items if someone can come by and get them. Hatching eggs, items for the auction thing. I did this once and it worked out well. Anyone selling might have something I can use plants and such. Cuttings at that time of year will work, if anyone has a mind to bring some. If you're thinning out raspberries I can always use more.

Well now I'd know that I can come, but I will mark my calendar and plan for it. Hope others do the same. Now if I can't come I can donate some items if someone can come by and get them. Hatching eggs, items for the auction thing. I did this once and it worked out well. Anyone selling might have something I can use plants and such. Cuttings at that time of year will work, if anyone has a mind to bring some. If you're thinning out raspberries I can always use more.

I'm planning on going at this point so if you aren't going to be able to make it I can bring what ever you need and then bring home anything you get. :hugs

Tho I’m currently scheduled to work that day, I should be able to switch my shift. If so, this is what I plan to bring:
For the raffle: bottle of wine
Food: tray of brownies
Birds/eggs: I have a few yearling spitz hens available, a yearling pair of Spalding BSWE peafowl, and a couple of 2yo IB peahens. BBS spitz eggs. And if I get positive fertility check by then: pea eggs (Cameo, PBS, spald WE). Will only bring eggs or birds if they are requested ahead of time.

I was looking forward to joining in, but now looks like little girl will have 4-H horse rally that weekend. I’ll keep watch if I “need” anything though. Would like some more of Cady’s goat milk soap, last year’s winnings finally ran out. ;) I’ll check with hubby what we have for honey to sell as well.

I all. I've been absent for a long time on BYC, but would love to come to Chickenstock. I've written it on the calendar.

I'll bring hatching eggs for Grammachick.
If anyone is interested, I should have chicks of various ages or hatching eggs - from my Catskill Homesteaders.

For raffle, I could bring a TSC shirt and a dozen hatching eggs.

Potluck - probably a quinoa vegetable salad like I brought last year.

Does anyone have any Muscovy ducklings/eggs? I have a friend that may be interested in some. Her family saw some on a trip to Florida and now that they are ready to have some more ducks again that is the breed that they are looking for. Their last duck (pekin) passed away last summer at the ripe old age of 12!

So what does everyone do for heat for the babies while we are there?

I will bring chicks barred Holland crosses and can bring pure barred Holland on request. Possible herb seedlings, blackcap cuttings, elderberry syrup.

Raffle: Elderberry Syrup
Dish: broccoli salad and some dessert.

So what does everyone do for heat for the babies while we are there?

I will bring chicks barred Holland crosses and can bring pure barred Holland on request. Possible herb seedlings, blackcap cuttings, elderberry syrup.

Raffle: Elderberry Syrup
Dish: broccoli salad and some dessert.
Thank you! In answer to your question, I really haven't seen very young chicks that needed heat at a C'stock, but if neede I'm sure we can think of something. If you are talking of people, better bring your snowsuit since it looks like winter is here to stay!
How much are you asking for your blackcap cuttings? I am interested :)

Back
Top Bottom