82.5 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1521469314571.jpg
    FB_IMG_1521469314571.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20180423_132200.jpg
    20180423_132200.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 6
Pics of my colored sebastopol geese and a pic of some of their goslings

How are geese as far as hatching and raising? i mean i never thought about raising geese there always flying around but theey arre canadian gesse also that i see flying around aall the time..... i mean do they fly away at all? do youu have to have like a full cage for them? im sorta intrigued :D

these are my babies. i had 6 eggs shipped in 2 years ago and i hatched 5 of them. they are super friendly and bond with their people. i try to tell people how awesome they are but most only know of the mean breeds or mean wild geese. i have a chicken coop that i keep them in. i can't use it for chickens because a fox can access that area. i lost quite a few chickens last year that the fox took. the fox even took one of my muscovy girs. i witnessed it but was too far away. the geese are too big for the fox. they are free to go anywhere our cows, mule and mini donkey go. we love thet a smallish pond from our spring overflow for them. they don't really fly. they run and flap but don't really get off the ground. mine love going broody and raising goslings. my buff has been sitting for a month while i've been taking eggs every day. i decided that i would give her the giant dewlap toulouse to hatch. i incubated them up until day 25. they are supposed to hatch today/tomorrow and i'm at work all worried about them! i figured it would be the only way to get her off the nest plus she will brood them for me!

My wife passed away on the 23'd last month and while I don't think I'll be up to coming, if someone is coming this way I have some things to send. I'd just need a heads up as to when they'd want to come and pick them up. I hope everyone has a great time. I mention the chickenstock to everyone who responds to my CL ads.

My wife passed away on the 23'd last month and while I don't think I'll be up to coming, if someone is coming this way I have some things to send. I'd just need a heads up as to when they'd want to come and pick them up. I hope everyone has a great time. I mention the chickenstock to everyone who responds to my CL ads.

Im sorry to hear about your wife.

these are my babies. i had 6 eggs shipped in 2 years ago and i hatched 5 of them. they are super friendly and bond with their people. i try to tell people how awesome they are but most only know of the mean breeds or mean wild geese. i have a chicken coop that i keep them in. i can't use it for chickens because a fox can access that area. i lost quite a few chickens last year that the fox took. the fox even took one of my muscovy girs. i witnessed it but was too far away. the geese are too big for the fox. they are free to go anywhere our cows, mule and mini donkey go. we love thet a smallish pond from our spring overflow for them. they don't really fly. they run and flap but don't really get off the ground. mine love going broody and raising goslings. my buff has been sitting for a month while i've been taking eggs every day. i decided that i would give her the giant dewlap toulouse to hatch. i incubated them up until day 25. they are supposed to hatch today/tomorrow and i'm at work all worried about them! i figured it would be the only way to get her off the nest plus she will brood them for me!

Thats awesome i wouldnt mind trying them maybe one day down the road, my dad passed away march 23rd last year and i took over the home and farm and one thing he always wanted was a mini donkey and cows back on the farm, well i got the cows now i just gotta get a mini donkey and ill be happy :D

Truly sorry for your loss Rancher.

I am so very sorry!!

Back
Top Bottom