2019 Emu Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Sorry to hear that FishMtFarm! No sign of movement from mine this afternoon - a nap sounds like a good idea I suppose! Is there any research into how often movement happens after first detecting movement in eggs? Logically I'd say as soon as it moves once or twice it'd start more and more often but nature has its ways. Also, how will the grated effect of the plastic shelving on the eggs will affect movement - I imagine it to be a hindrance so may have to cover over A.S.A.P.

The days tick by so slowly!

Sorry to hear that FishMtFarm! No sign of movement from mine this afternoon - a nap sounds like a good idea I suppose! Is there any research into how often movement happens after first detecting movement in eggs? Logically I'd say as soon as it moves once or twice it'd start more and more often but nature has its ways. Also, how will the grated effect of the plastic shelving on the eggs will affect movement - I imagine it to be a hindrance so may have to cover over A.S.A.P.

The days tick by so slowly!

We have had eggs that would wiggle and then nothing for a few days. They don’t always wiggle for ya. Also know that sometimes they won’t wiggle at all. There unfortunately is no particular pattern they fallow.

Day 42 today, anywhere between 5-10 (latter most likely) until potential hatching. No signs of movement since the start of the week which is quite disappointing though 2 definitely seem to be showing a big heat difference at the correct end. The wait continues...

Keep us posted! :pop

So TIL don't blow out an egg you think might be infected *inside* the house.

I'll confess, I didn't think about it much, just figured it'd be better to drain it (no outside drainage). 1 definitely infected but possible signs of life at a very early stage but with black growths inside which I'm expected is bacteria - that's on the one with less shells and lighter colour so I suppose it's more prone to disease etc. Another started smelling really quite bad the last few days, dud egg when opened but smell about the same as the first to fail.

The last 2 still haven't moved again, 1 hasn't at all, the other has been about a week since last spotted moving.

TLDR: House stinks, 2 eggs left, Day 44.

No Kidding!!!....I don't even do chicken eggtopsies in the house, cannot imagine a stinky Emu egg.

A greater mistake has never been made. The smell has crawled around the entire house and the egg basically exhaled as I broke the shell telling me it had been infected for quite some time. The cost of my mistake may still last a few days more yet...

So I still haven't spotted any real movement from the eggs (since the couple of possible wobbles shown before) on Day 45 now - is this considered normal or should I be seeing an increase in responsiveness etc?

Back
Top Bottom