2019 Gosling Hatch-A-Long

Pics
So this morning I left my animals out of their coops etc and I took a shower and I came out and my chickens went berserk! I ran outside with my dogs and my animals in the yard were in group tight together.

I've a 15 meter long metal container where most of my animals sleep and all the chickens were screaming like mad!

There was a predator that took 2 of my chickens and 3 of my guinea fowl disappeared (2 keets and my adult male). I searched everywhere for them and gave up but 2 of the keets came back (don't know where from) and my adult is still missing :(

He knows the area so I hope he returns soon. If the babies return the adult can too.

They were all in shock as anyone would! I hope he flew somewhere safe. It was super windy too so flying was awkward for my birds.

They usually fly into the large tree near my yard for safety but the wind ruined their plan.

Hopefully he's still alive and will find his way.

Predators are getting more cheeky getting on the yard.

I knew I sensed a predator the past few days!

Dogs will be outside 24/7 now for the next few weeks

Will update if my guineacock returns

20190726_203217.jpg

Chicken with 3 guinea keets hatched and brought up by 2 chickens
20190726_203042.jpg
The goslings 2 males and 4 females I now think!

20190726_203015.jpg
20190726_202949.jpg

My 1st field is full of ragwort! Need to get rid of it somehow :/

20190726_202855.jpg

Big Sam always photobombs my photos
20190726_202727.jpg

Anyone know how to get rid of the big ball under her beak? It's full of food and mostly grass all the time and when I take it out it the ball slowly comes back :/
20190726_202605.jpg

The two camera shy guys :')

@servpolice, sounds like he has a pocket of skin in his mouth that shouldn't be there. It could cause an abscess in time if it isn't cleaned out regularly. Do you have a vet that could stitch it inside his mouth to close the pocket?

@servpolice, sounds like he has a pocket of skin in his mouth that shouldn't be there. It could cause an abscess in time if it isn't cleaned out regularly. Do you have a vet that could stitch it inside his mouth to close the pocket?

Vets around this area don't do much for poultry unfortunately so all I can do is clean out the grass. She loses it in winter but every summer it returns.

Back
Top Bottom