2020 Flock Life

Which came first: the chicken or the egg?

• Chicken

Votes: 90 54.2%
  • Egg

Votes: 55 33.1%
  • Neither

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
I keep forgetting to check BYC out! 😭 I'm going to have to set a ding dong on my phone! 😂 I'll have a read now and see what everyone has been getting up to!

Everything has been going fine! I've hatched out my first silkie batch of the year and a second one is on its way. The four LF chicks that I have hatched on 13th March have all turned out to be boys so I will probably do another batch of them later on in the year. Francis had been reserved but the three brown males are all for sale still. Dave and her babies are doing well. So yeah, in general everything it going fine!

View attachment 2110099
Clyde (was Claudine)
View attachment 2110100
Clifford (was Claudette)
View attachment 2110101
Clinton (was Carol)
View attachment 2110106
Francis (was Frances)
View attachment 2110108
The silkie chicks when they first hatched (between 10th and 13th April).
View attachment 2110111
Rita and her chicks! View attachment 2110112
One of the silkie chicks.
View attachment 2110113
Archie.View attachment 2110115
Dave and her chicks.

How are you @drstratton and everyone else?
Glad to hear that everything is good, these are such uncertain times! 💞
I'm doing good, my chicks are growing by leaps and bounds!

I keep forgetting to check BYC out! 😭 I'm going to have to set a ding dong on my phone! 😂 I'll have a read now and see what everyone has been getting up to!

Everything has been going fine! I've hatched out my first silkie batch of the year and a second one is on its way. The four LF chicks that I have hatched on 13th March have all turned out to be boys so I will probably do another batch of them later on in the year. Francis had been reserved but the three brown males are all for sale still. Dave and her babies are doing well. So yeah, in general everything it going fine!

View attachment 2110099
Clyde (was Claudine)
View attachment 2110100
Clifford (was Claudette)
View attachment 2110101
Clinton (was Carol)
View attachment 2110106
Francis (was Frances)
View attachment 2110108
The silkie chicks when they first hatched (between 10th and 13th April).
View attachment 2110111
Rita and her chicks! View attachment 2110112
One of the silkie chicks.
View attachment 2110113
Archie.View attachment 2110115
Dave and her chicks.

How are you @drstratton and everyone else?

Such cuteness!!! :love
Bummer on all the LF being boys, but I'm loving all their coloring! Very pretty! And those leg feathers on Francis! :drool if only my brahmas had those! Glad you're doing good!!

Such cuteness!!! :love
Bummer on all the LF being boys, but I'm loving all their coloring! Very pretty! And those leg feathers on Francis! :drool if only my brahmas had those! Glad you're doing good!!
Francis' legs are lovely! Thankfully, seem as he is so gorgeous he has got a home already and I am just waiting for him to grow up a bit before he leaves. I don't know why his legs are so fluffy to he honest, his mother and grandmother both have fatherless legs and his grandfather/father only has partially feathered legs.

Are these your first chicks?
We've had Banty's on and off for the last 25 years or so! These are the first ones we've purchased for egg laying and I'm excitedly hoping for a colorful egg basket! I always enjoy having chickens, but we finally gave up because we wanted to let them free range in our yard, but neighbor dogs always killed them off! I will miss not having them loose in the yard, but I will still be able to enjoy them in their new enlarged free range pen area! My husband built an automatic door several years ago that will allow them to go out of the enclosed pen, when we want them too and to safely close them in at the end of the day!

This morning a neighbor dog dug under our rabbit tractor and it killed one and let one escape! I can't believe the other 5 didn't escape as well! So the tractor will have to be converted into a raised hutch!

We've had Banty's on and off for the last 25 years or so! These are the first ones we've purchased for egg laying and I'm excitedly hoping for a colorful egg basket! I always enjoy having chickens, but we finally gave up because we wanted to let them free range in our yard, but neighbor dogs always killed them off! I will miss not having them loose in the yard, but I will still be able to enjoy them in their new enlarged free range pen area! My husband built an automatic door several years ago that will allow them to go out of the enclosed pen, when we want them too and to safely close them in at the end of the day!

This morning a neighbor dog dug under our rabbit tractor and it killed one and let one escape! I can't believe the other 5 didn't escape as well! So the tractor will have to be converted into a raised hutch!
Sounds like your neighbours need a good talking to if they allow their dogs to get away with that kind of thing!

I've been breeding my LF for a long time now, started off as a project and has since become an obsession! 😂 I've had those brown male's family for the past five generations, make me feel old!

Sounds like your neighbours need a good talking to if they allow their dogs to get away with that kind of thing!

I've been breeding my LF for a long time now, started off as a project and has since become an obsession! 😂 I've had those brown male's family for the past five generations, make me feel old!
If I knew who they belonged to, we would definitely talk to them, but there is no way to tell! There are dogs packing around here all of the time! People think that because they live in the country they can just let their dogs roam! It's really kind of sad, but eventually those dogs get shot and it's not their fault, it's their owners! There's a lot of tempting livestock around here!

Well, your obsession is certainly enjoyable to watch... 💞

On to happier things, some pics of my chicks!

First is my Little Roo! Hi there!!!

Little Roo 4.27.2020.jpg

Little Roo on R. & Roo Two on L., he needs a name, but that might stick, I'm kind of goofy like that!

Two Roo's 4.27.2020.jpg

Roo Two...jumped up on my hand as I was taking pictures...he's become pretty sweet too!
It's kind of blurry, because he was so close and I was taking the pic with my left hand...lol!

Roo Two 4.27.2020.jpg

My Two EE's!
Penny, my little redhead!

Penny 4.27.2020.jpg

Pearl...with a golden necklace! I really love the gold feathers around her neck!

Pearl 4.27.2020.jpg

Pearl 2 4.27.2020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom